Help › Forums

Play At Lower Level

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jan 25 2016 11:40 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • TWPiano
    4 Posts
    Fri, Jan 22 2016 3:59 AM

Is there any way to go back and play at a lower level? I enjoy the game for passing my own time, and have gotten fairly good at it, however having reached the Legend level has lengthen all the tees to the point where it's not as much fun anymore. I have upgraded to decent equipment but really don't have a desire to spend anymore to get longer woods & irons, but that's what I need to play at the higher levels. Would really like to just go back a few levels where I can make some birdies and have a shot, every now and then, at an eagle or two. Don't need to be in the tournaments or earn credits, just want to play it to pass some time and have a little fun.

If there isn't a way, how about creating a way where we could choose to stay at a particular level and even opt out of earning credits to leave them for those that want to compete.

Thanks all.

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Fri, Jan 22 2016 9:17 AM

Unfortunately there is no way to go back to an earlier tier, but you can put the game in practice mode and set the tees and course conditions to however you would like. 

You can enter practice mode by selecting a single player course and then before selecting "Tee Off" hit the left or right arrow next to where it says "Ranked". In practice mode you can also change the difficulty level of the course making it as easy or as challenging as you like. 

_CHAMPION

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Fri, Jan 22 2016 9:22 AM

Champ is correct and it's sound advice. You can get back to preference tees that way and enjoy the game again

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Fri, Jan 22 2016 10:58 AM

Or join a skanky CC that sets red tee tournaments.

• mathia14
    1,271 Posts
    Fri, Jan 22 2016 11:23 AM

PaulTon:

Or join a skanky CC that sets red tee tournaments.

Got any clubs in mind, Paul?

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Fri, Jan 22 2016 1:41 PM

He may set up his own CC - not too expensive...

• TWPiano
    4 Posts
    Sat, Jan 23 2016 12:24 AM

Thanks for the suggestion, but when I searched CC's, it's my understanding each player  plays from the tees of his level. Did I read that wrong or is there a way to override that feature? I like the idea of my own CC but don't want to use the 50 credits if I can't accomplish my goal. Thanks again.

• TWPiano
    4 Posts
    Sat, Jan 23 2016 12:49 AM

Thanks to you and Champion for the practice suggestion. Had forgotten about that and just played a quick nine that way. Didn't play well but more fun for sure.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, Jan 25 2016 6:14 AM

TWPiano:

Thanks for the suggestion, but when I searched CC's, it's my understanding each player  plays from the tees of his level. Did I read that wrong or is there a way to override that feature? I like the idea of my own CC but don't want to use the 50 credits if I can't accomplish my goal. Thanks again.

If you set up a CC tourny you can have any tees you want . 

Setting baby tee tournaments is quite popular in the more skanky CC's. 

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Mon, Jan 25 2016 6:38 AM

TWPiano:

Thanks for the suggestion, but when I searched CC's, it's my understanding each player  plays from the tees of his level. Did I read that wrong or is there a way to override that feature? I like the idea of my own CC but don't want to use the 50 credits if I can't accomplish my goal.

CC tournaments may override the tier-and-tee tie, but only at CC level 3. So it will be some wait & work in a new CC (one week?).

• PAGES
RSS