Help › Forums

Introductions

Sat, Mar 5 2016 7:25 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Feb 16 2016 11:34 PM

ScottyAKing:

I feel a bit bad.  I've been here over six months and haven't introduced myself, or contributed on the forums much either.
    I better get to it!

Welcome Scotty. 

A few things about the forum, it is not necessary to contribute, but if you use the search feature, you can find a plethora of information to improve your game.

If you have issues or want tips, ask. Most players can offer their experience and learnings that will make the game more enjoyable.

Most players are willing to help if you are willing to learn, so play with higher tiers and they will help.I am happy to have a hit if I am green,

• alosso
    21,054 Posts
    Wed, Feb 17 2016 4:07 AM

ApexPC:
    In other words, they are to lazy, to ignorant, or to inept to start a new thread in an appropriate forum section.

Be just - new users must not start their own threads.

• Ladychipper
    22,983 Posts
    Wed, Feb 17 2016 7:04 AM

I still think it's a shame not to use this forum thread any more for introductions. 

I think anything other then introductions should be deleted or placed in the appropriate place. :-)

• ScottyAKing
    176 Posts
    Tue, Feb 23 2016 9:07 PM

Thanks Alanti

I probably won't be a massive contributor to the forum.  I get enough comments for the time I'm just playing.  Although I contend it's still less than she spends on Facebook, hehe.

Like I said in my intro (on the other thread), I'm always up for tips and advice.

Thanks for the offer of a hit.  I'd like that.

• kenmatiowsky
    12 Posts
    Fri, Mar 4 2016 10:29 PM

hi  ken  matiowsky here  hi 

nice to meet you

sure  would   like  to  play  you a game of  golf

• kenmatiowsky
    12 Posts
    Fri, Mar 4 2016 10:34 PM

hi  sweetiepie    ken here

I wanted to play   golf  with  you   would  you like to play   a game of   golf  with  me

nice to meet you .

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sat, Mar 5 2016 11:57 AM

kenmatiowsky:

hi  sweetiepie    ken here

I wanted to play   golf  with  you   would  you like to play   a game of   golf  with  me

nice to meet you .

Hi Ken

Very sweet of you to ask. The short answer is yes, I have always enjoyed playing with people who want to play with me, and whom I haven't met yet in that arrangement. In April I will have seven years under my belt which is almost sick. I'm 28, so it means I have spent 25% of my life here, playing at WGT. Of course, just by time, I have a numbing amount of friends I love and share notes with but can't seem to find the required time to have a game with. It is the sad part of an otherwise enjoyable experience. To worsen matters, I have been pretty ill and it has cut into my many desires here,. And so at least for now I must decline your kind offer. Someday is possible however.

~ Lily ~

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Sat, Mar 5 2016 5:12 PM

I remember when I first started, computer illiterate!, (Still am)  had never played any! game on a pc except card games.

Didn't even know what T&C meant, or care.

Went straight to a multiplayer game took 3 ten shots in a row before sinking my 1st putt.  2 of the other players were Masters, (highest tier  at that time) they offered no help at all, continuously made fun of my abilities and all the Tin awards.  The other fellow was a pro, tried to help me with understanding everything I could see on my screen (wow! so much stuff) and how to use it.

Remembering that 1st round the Masters (?) had left by the 5th hole.   The pro stuck it out all 9 holes!  I finished +19!

Having been there and done that I try to help all I can, maybe to much sometimes.  Wish the introduction was more easily understood by we the unknowing.  Could have been a much better experience.

We all started at the same place, some with better knowledge, some with better abilities, we should remember that.  my nickle.

• Ladychipper
    22,983 Posts
    Sat, Mar 5 2016 7:25 PM

lee22sharon:
    We all started at the same place, some with better knowledge, some with better abilities, we should remember that.  my nickle.

Good point lee22sharon! 

I try to help anybody that needs it as well.  I remember when I started playing in WGT spring of 2013 and didn't know what I was doing.  I introduced myself in this forum and then played with some people who were insulting and down right nasty.  Then I got lucky and was invited to the CC I have been in since May 2013.  Most everyone there was kind and helpful and I was very grateful for any help I could get.  So I do think that it's a good idea to find a CC you feel comfortable in instead of just blindly searching for players to play with.  I believe that some of this CC's players looked around in this main forum at the newbies coming in and introducing themselves and then in turn made suggestions to the CC owner.  So this is a good point for keeping the introductions part of the forum for that purpose. 

Best Wishes,

Marion :-)

• PAGES
RSS