Forums

Help › Forums

Introductions

Sat, Mar 5 2016 7:25 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Ladychipper
    22,983 Posts
    Sat, Feb 6 2016 8:35 PM

I was just wondering what happened to new people introducing themselves in this thread of the forum? 

Looks like it has turned into everything goes section.  :-)  What a shame!

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sun, Feb 7 2016 11:36 AM

I agree LC and it makes me sad. When operating as it should, it provides to someone brand new a quicker way to meet and play with others, most of whom are happy and qualifed to offer valuble  tips and friendliness and warmth. It was popular and useful. Hopefully it can return to that purpose. This holds true for several of the topics.

~ Lily ~ 

• Ladychipper
    22,983 Posts
    Sun, Feb 7 2016 12:18 PM

Hi Lily,

Thank you for your response! 

When I first joined WGT in April of 2013 the introductions thread is where I found lots of friends and helpful people.  It was also a great place for people to get to know each other in here and to find a CC that was suited to them.

Best Wishes,

Marion :-)

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Feb 7 2016 7:45 PM

Ladychipper:
    I was just wondering what happened to new people introducing themselves in this thread of the forum? 

I totally agree and more players should introduce themselves.

I have always found the more established players will try to help the new players so the new players can get maximum enjoyment from the game.

Anything other than an introduction should get moved to the appropriate section leaving this a genuine introduction section.

• Ladychipper
    22,983 Posts
    Sun, Feb 7 2016 7:51 PM

Hi Alan,

I thank you for your responce here!

Looks like not too many are reading this though. 

Best Wishes,

Marion :-)

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Feb 7 2016 8:24 PM

Ladychipper:
    Looks like not too many are reading this though. 

Hi Marion, 

Well I hope more are made aware of the value of the forums via CC's as they can make the game a lot more enjoyable by getting advice and tips....a quick intro is all it takes :)

• ScottHope
    10,325 Posts
    Mon, Feb 8 2016 5:33 AM

It could double up as an 'outro' thread too, just to say a few words if you were leaving or taking a sabbatical.....something along the lines of,
    "                                       ", ah.....apparently my self-certification wouldn't allow me to type that, lol.  : )

• Ladychipper
    22,983 Posts
    Mon, Feb 8 2016 8:39 AM

ScottHope:

It could double up as an 'outro' thread too, just to say a few words if you were leaving or taking a sabbatical.....something along the lines of,
    "                                       ", ah.....apparently my self-certification wouldn't allow me to type that, lol.  : )

Good idea Scott!  I doubt that too many would do that though.  :-)

The CC's use to be able to scout for new people in the introductions part of this forum but now that's not the case any more. 

Best Wishes,

Marion

• ScottyAKing
    176 Posts
    Tue, Feb 16 2016 3:10 PM

I feel a bit bad.  I've been here over six months and haven't introduced myself, or contributed on the forums much either.
    I better get to it!

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Tue, Feb 16 2016 11:04 PM

A vast majority of WGT players don't participate in the WGT forums.

Many that do participate in the Forums use the Community Introductions Forum because it is near the top of the fum sections list, not because it a forum that is appropriate for whatever it is they are starting a thread about.

In other words, they are to lazy, to ignorant, or to inept to start a new thread in an appropriate forum section.

I see the same thing on other discussion forums. So it's not just here at WGT.

But that is the way things are today. It's considered 'cool' to be or act ignorant, stupid and without couth.

More's the pity.

• PAGES
RSS