Forums

Help › Forums

Noob here, but slightly annoyed already!

Wed, Feb 23 2011 4:17 PM (9 replies)
  • Ibbs
    1 Posts
    Wed, Feb 16 2011 8:54 AM

Hello,

I'm enjoying the game and just made Amateur recently.

The one small fly in the ointment for me so far has been players disconnecting during games.

In the few 9 hole multiplayer games I've experienced every single time 1 or more players have disconnected after a bad hole or shot.

In one game (after 2 players had disappeared) the last remaining player waited until the very last hole before disconnecting just before the hole was completed and I was about to win.

This is very annoying and bad gamesmanship and I was wondering about other people thoughts/experiences on this matter and what comebacks there are for people who quit games prematurely?

Cheers.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Wed, Feb 16 2011 10:48 AM

Ibbs:
    This is very annoying and bad gamesmanship and I was wondering about other people thoughts/experiences on this matter and what comebacks there are for people who quit games prematurely?

There are no penalties for people who quit.  Unfortunately.

My advice is play with friends.  They seldom quit on you.   You're a member of a CC with 222 players and no one on your friends list.  Go do some friend invites and then play.

• BadDobie
    48 Posts
    Wed, Feb 16 2011 11:39 AM

Agreed!  I had similar experiences when I started....now only play with friends unless I am bored and no one is available.  I have found most friends during alternate shot games or within my CC as Andy has pointed out.  Once you get a good core group that plays together frequently, you should not have that many issues with people dropping off..

Good luck and keep swinging!

• WBGC
    1 Posts
    Wed, Feb 16 2011 1:57 PM

Ibbs:

Hello,

I'm enjoying the game and just made Amateur recently.

The one small fly in the ointment for me so far has been players disconnecting during games.

In the few 9 hole multiplayer games I've experienced every single time 1 or more players have disconnected after a bad hole or shot.

In one game (after 2 players had disappeared) the last remaining player waited until the very last hole before disconnecting just before the hole was completed and I was about to win.

Cheers.

I have only acquired amateur status today.

Like yourself I get extremely irritated by people signing off prematurely.I have not experienced this on the golf game but have come across similar happenings on other PC gaming sites.

I wonder if these sort of players have ever been on a proper golf course judging by their lack of etiquette !

I have never yet found anyone on this site to accept or give an invitation to play, consequently I have so far only played solo games. If you fancy a game I guarantee to finish however badly I perform. How do we make contact?

Regards

WBGC

• csolivais1979
    3 Posts
    Wed, Feb 16 2011 6:30 PM

While at the pro level now, I am still relatively new here.  For those of you in CC's besides starting your own what is the best way to go about joining one?  Thanks in advance!

• kbrigden666
    23 Posts
    Thu, Feb 17 2011 3:27 AM

Hello to all on this post,

My first piece of advice would be to make a note of all who have responded on this discussion so far (write their user ID down).

You can then create a game and use the manual invite option to invite them as it looks like none who have written will disconnect. This will give you a few players you know will finish a game.

If I have the time, I accept all game invites and all friend requests. Even if someone disconnects, you still get the XP for winning the game. However, I keep a note of who they are and remove them from my friend lists afterward (if I had added them during the game). I never then accept another game invite from them.

Alternatively, as already said, join a country club.

Hope this has helped.

Kevin

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Thu, Feb 17 2011 5:42 AM

Keep playing and your friends list will gro. i usually play with  the same 4 or 5 BOZOS (yes u CS lol) so quiting is rare. just have fun, play ALL courses evenly. yes even deathpage and oakmont.

Have fun 

remember its just a GAME.

-G

• RedneckDave
    5 Posts
    Wed, Feb 23 2011 11:14 AM

When I disconnect it's because I'm at work and hafta tend to stuff......It aggrivates me as well when I have to bugout on a round.......I am sorry to you guys who this has happened to but I gotta keep swinging.......

RedneckDave....

• StrangeMagic
    1,304 Posts
    Wed, Feb 23 2011 1:29 PM

gsoup:
    same 4 or 5 BOZOS (yes u CS lol) 

Hey........!!

Why didn't I make the list G ?

Dang Man

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Wed, Feb 23 2011 4:17 PM

The problem is that to many worry about their average instead of other stats. After the changes last summer a bad round does not impact ones average as much as it used to.

RSS