Calloway ball

rated by 0 users
Tue, Nov 13 2012 2:40 PM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Sat, Mar 26 2011 5:01 PM

MioKontic:
    Anyone remember balata balls?  You did well if they lasted 2 rounds! 

Balata balls lasting 2 rounds? Mio are you high, or just getting old...lol I personally never used balata balls, but my son did and he would go through 2 sleeves or more in ONE round!

But your right Mio, sure hope WGT doesn't read the rest of your post on the cost of real Callo balls and get any ideas....lol

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Mar 26 2011 7:22 PM

LOL-Nothing like topping a balata ball and getting to see the rubber bands inside.  :-D

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sun, Mar 27 2011 1:27 AM

A mate of mine bought a Ballarto ball from the Pro Shop before a round...cost him $10...he drove off the first tee straight into the lake 200 mtrs right of the fairway.... I tried not to laugh...lol.

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Sun, Mar 27 2011 7:50 AM

MioKontic:
    Anyone remember balata balls?

my buddie skulled one of those thing once, the club cut the ball

about an 1/8 of the way through. weirdest RL shot i have ever seen

-G

• borntobesting
    9,683 Posts
    Sun, Mar 27 2011 9:58 AM

mantis0014:

A mate of mine bought a Ballarto ball from the Pro Shop before a round...cost him $10...he drove off the first tee straight into the lake 200 mtrs right of the fairway.... I tried not to laugh...lol.

When was this? I don't think they even make ballata covered balls anymore. 

• Tragene
    6 Posts
    Thu, Jan 26 2012 6:28 PM

MioKontic:

I'd love to know how many golfers actually use the same ball for 4 rounds in real golf?  I think that is roughly how long a virtual Callaway lasts (I think, can't remember for sure).  I know my real golf balls don't last anywhere near that long; either I lose it or in the unlikely event I have kept it for 4 rounds it will most certainly have ran out of life.

Anyone remember balata balls?  You did well if they lasted 2 rounds!  And any mis-hit on them and there was only one place for them - the bin; they mis-shaped and cut so easily.

I hope WGT doesn't read this and put the price up, but I've just had a look at the price of real Callaway i(z) balls - around £30 per dozen in the UK.  That's £2.50 per ball, and even more in dollars.  And unless your golf course has no water, bushes, OOB, deep tough (which would make it a very boring course!), you're unlikely to have it last as long as a virtual Callaway.

Good points and very valid. However the virtual balls cost as much as the real balls and I only get about 100 hits from my virtual Callaways. Just wanted to relay my expereince. I have also noticed the life of the balls has been reduced over teh last few months it seems. I used to get over 125 hits per ball but now only get about 100. Same ball. Unless my memeory is going and that is not out of the realm of possibility, the life has reduced.

• fotjon
    22 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2012 1:44 PM

Hello,

Does giving full backspin to an unlimited ball have any effect on it? Or its just minimal since it has no dots on spin?

• oneeyedjohn
    9,571 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2012 2:40 PM

I watched a video of Bollox playing with starter clubs and balls, and he moved the dot down on virtually every shot. I think he was on Bethpage.

It doesn't prove whether they take any spin or not, but I  seriously doubt they do.

The most important factor when u hit a golf shot is it's trajectory, that determines how it will react on landing, the spin if there is any is secondary.

• PAGES
RSS