Help › Forums

Calloway ball

rated by 0 users
Tue, Nov 13 2012 2:40 PM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • stjanikgk
    1 Posts
    Sat, Feb 19 2011 11:44 AM

I dit bye three Calloway ball and you tok them back. ???

• borntobesting
    9,683 Posts
    Sat, Feb 19 2011 1:13 PM

All purchased balls have a durability rating the higher the rating the longer the balls will last. But after the ball has reached the limit of its durability it is deemed unplayable and is removed from play. If you still have another ball of the same brand and type it will replace the ball that was removed from play. If not it is replaced with the unlimited starter ball. The small meter at the bottom right hand side of the screen represents your balls life. When the ball starts to wear the meter goes down when it reaches a certain percentage of its life the meter turns red. When the meter completely disappears the ball is no longer playable and is removed from play. The only ball that does not wear out is the unlimited starter ball.

• cavetech
    3 Posts
    Fri, Mar 25 2011 11:12 PM

borntobesting:
    When the meter completely disappears the ball is no longer playable and is removed from play. The only ball that does not wear out is the unlimited starter ball.

I was looking for a posted reason why the game just took my shinny new ball. At 7 bucks a ball i want a better reason than "your ball was removed from play" as it is impounded off the tee. I get that balls off course and in water are money spent but really whats up with the removal?? I am calling it theft by rowdy mean greedy lil kids.. at least until a real answer appears.

Well that was my question and as suspected its just a rip an nothing more. I can say now that until Bought balls last ALOT longer i will be stylin the free balls. How wrong the market boys are sometimes. I managed to play just long enough to think about buying some equipment. And the first thing and cheapest thing most start with is the ball. Game itself forces it. 

Why make a ball so poor that any brand would sue if you attached thier name to it? To force folks to buy better ones.

Today its balls that wear out an tomorrow its clubs an avatars that wear out... you know just like real life. 

Had they not stolen my ball in an effort to get more money i would have spent 30 bucks on the game. Got a set of clubs i been eying "locked as i just found this game" but i'm close.

And now i dont want new clubs. Ball offered 0 change in control but guarntees to nickle an dime my fun to death. I can only imagine that new sticks will offer better based on the results an lifespan of the BALL!

Further if ya really just want the stupid to play then delete my account now and save me the hassle.

I would say post a big note about how many ways an how short lived the balls are but that dont jive with the plan.

• 3puttsSuk
    361 Posts
    Sat, Mar 26 2011 11:38 AM

thats why they're Callaways.   Here golf ball, come here golf ball.

and away the ball is Called

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Mar 26 2011 12:40 PM

cavetech:
    At 7 bucks a ball

Maybe part of the problem is your math. If you can't figure out how much you spent I'll bet you aren't even close on the math this game takes when you play it.  Who buys a ball and thinks it will make the clubs better?Most that want to play better look at decent clubs first.

Your nonsensical post shows you didn't research a thing before you plopped down your $7 and now you're here ranting about it. The rant's fine but the wild accusations make the rant look a little silly.

Do yourself a favor a read a little bit about how this game is played with respect to the different equipment it has to offer. All you have to do is type anything in the Search box and you'll get plenty of things to read about. The smart readers actually learn something.

Oh, and btw-the free ball works just fine with your clubs-your clubs are the problem.  

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Sat, Mar 26 2011 1:11 PM

When i started playing i was happy learning my new clubs and i used the 10c balls just for a tiny bit of spin.  People are too fast to rush out to buy the new Callways without learning club yardages & distance, spin and everything else that go with it.

Fair enough the Callways do stop the ball on a dime/sixpence(british), and give even the lower end clubs a great deal of stopping power but there's no point buying then until you figure out how much power/wind etc etc to stop them in the first place.

A few packs of the 2 dots tour balls would be an even greater buy, there's enough distance/spin untill you get a better player, then you wont have to complain about $7,(although they're only $2.50/$3 anyway)

• MioKontic
    4,644 Posts
    Sat, Mar 26 2011 2:14 PM

I'd love to know how many golfers actually use the same ball for 4 rounds in real golf?  I think that is roughly how long a virtual Callaway lasts (I think, can't remember for sure).  I know my real golf balls don't last anywhere near that long; either I lose it or in the unlikely event I have kept it for 4 rounds it will most certainly have ran out of life.

Anyone remember balata balls?  You did well if they lasted 2 rounds!  And any mis-hit on them and there was only one place for them - the bin; they mis-shaped and cut so easily.

I hope WGT doesn't read this and put the price up, but I've just had a look at the price of real Callaway i(z) balls - around £30 per dozen in the UK.  That's £2.50 per ball, and even more in dollars.  And unless your golf course has no water, bushes, OOB, deep tough (which would make it a very boring course!), you're unlikely to have it last as long as a virtual Callaway.

• borntobesting
    9,683 Posts
    Sat, Mar 26 2011 2:16 PM

chrisironsbones:

When i started playing i was happy learning my new clubs and i used the 10c balls just for a tiny bit of spin.  People are too fast to rush out to buy the new Callways without learning club yardages & distance, spin and everything else that go with it.

Fair enough the Callways do stop the ball on a dime/sixpence(british), and give even the lower end clubs a great deal of stopping power but there's no point buying then until you figure out how much power/wind etc etc to stop them in the first place.

A few packs of the 2 dots tour balls would be an even greater buy, there's enough distance/spin untill you get a better player, then you wont have to complain about $7,(although they're only $2.50/$3 anyway)

Depending on which 2 dot tour ball you are referring to, the Callaways can be more cost efficient in that they last so much longer than Tour SD ball,the Tour GI-S ball and the Tour GI-SD ball. And with the slower meter they are easier to hit.  I can see your point about newer players who have just started learning the game not being able to understand fully how to play with them. But with them not being unlocked until level 33 and level 35 most people have a fairly good understanding of how to play the game by that time. If they brought out a WGT Tour GI2-S ball with the same attributes as the Tour GI-S ball but with a 1/2 dot more feel then I might be inclined to forgo the Callaways in favor of that ball, Or just use the Callaways in The qualifying for the opens and the opens if I qualify.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Mar 26 2011 2:40 PM

borntobesting:
    And with the slower meter they are easier to hit.

Not for everybody. They need a fast meter version.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Mar 26 2011 4:41 PM

Everybody has different speeds they like to use...I've lost too many brain cells and things usually get lost on the way to my mouse finger...lol , I like the slower meter, using the Callaways with all my other clubs help slowing down the meter, shooting a low score, well that's another story...lol

Cheers

Roger.

• PAGES
RSS