Forums

Help › Forums

Jumpy Swing Meter

rated by 0 users
Thu, Mar 31 2016 3:32 PM (9 replies)
  • hortond2000
    3 Posts
    Wed, Mar 30 2016 6:54 AM

After buying my first set of clubs I saw where my "club level" went to 3 after the first few shots. It seems that this must have negated any swing meter advantage I got from the new clubs. If anything the forgiveness around the hole got worse. The new clubs came about in an attempt to get a steady swing meter to legitimately play this game. I've already read all the so called fixes for a jumpy/jittery swing meter. Tried different browsers. Closing all apps, minimize screen you name it. The windows experience on this desk top is 7.8 out of 7.9 possible with fairly decent internet. It's not on my end I'm certain. I did a lot of dumb stuff to get free credits to get new equipment and really I don't see that much difference since the club level change. I kind of feel like a sucker with the free credit thing but the swing meter is a deal breaker. The best clubs available won't fix that. After a couple of blown tournament shots the wheels come off and the "game" turns into an exercise in frustration. Not fun. I'm sure I'm not alone. This is a cool game but maybe not cool enough to deal with that and all the crashes. I guess I'm just ranting but anyone know of a magic fix? hortond2000, Tour Pro, 67.2, Level 80

• Lute345
    2,483 Posts
    Wed, Mar 30 2016 12:49 PM

To begin with, why would you have purchased Lv.34 irons when you're a Lv. 80 player? Secondly, you're using a ball that has no spin nor meter speed. Meter stutter seems to be the least of your worries.

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Wed, Mar 30 2016 2:11 PM

hortond2000:

. . .  I've already read all the so called fixes for a jumpy/jittery swing meter. Tried different browsers. Closing all apps, minimize screen you name it. . . 

You don't say what exactly you have done re: 'read all the so called fixes'. You have to implement the fixes. 

How many applications load when you boot your computer?

The swing meter plays on your computer. Not on WGT's server.

If the swing meter doesn't play smoothly on your computer, something related to your computer is the problem.

Lots of us keep Task Manager open in Performance mode open when we play so we can monitor the performance of our computer's CPU. A busy CPU indicates an application or process is running in the background. My meter is smoothest when my CPU performance % is in single digits (less than 10%) and close to being idle.

Smooth meter - Optimizing your Windows computer

The above helps others: http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/380850.aspx

• hortond2000
    3 Posts
    Thu, Mar 31 2016 7:30 AM

I bought the clubs I could afford. Likewise the balls. As I said the equipment should have no bearing on the inconsistent meter speed. I don't care if you have the most expensive clubs and balls they sell. Meter stutter makes it impossible to play at a consistent level.

• newcastleb
    1,813 Posts
    Thu, Mar 31 2016 9:28 AM

hortond2000:
    Meter stutter makes it impossible to play at a consistent level.

So does ignoring suggestions offered and whining in the forum instead

• nammvett
    123 Posts
    Thu, Mar 31 2016 10:03 AM

He is offering an opinion and a reasonable question.  Like your previous response...typical smart a*s remark along with an immature attitude.

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Thu, Mar 31 2016 10:30 AM

I've found having 1 browser dedicated to only playing on WGT, with it set to clear all history upon closing, and clearing your flash cache often (every 9 to 18 holes)  works well.

I still use Maxthon 3 with flash 11.5.502.110 with no updates to do that and rarely have a meter problem.  Should one occur, clearing the flash cache and closing and reopening the browser works wonders.

phred952

• hortond2000
    3 Posts
    Thu, Mar 31 2016 12:18 PM

I always wondered about where the swing meter was at. I thought it would be on the server. The third party swing meter apps make sense now. I looked at your post from 1/27/14.I had been using Chrome to play and close everything else. After running the Benchmark test I get better numbers with IE. I did see my cpu start to heat up for the heavy and ultra tests and that might be the problem. Seems like my meter gets jumpy after playing awhile. Never thought to clear java cache. Thanks for the reply. Learned a lot.

• GilmoreT
    124 Posts
    Thu, Mar 31 2016 3:32 PM

Have any of you guys tried Android on a PC, not only do I have smooth results but I enjoy the full HD picture. I tried to start a post about this but maybe WGT thought I was selling something?  

Seriously I prefer The Android Experience but still use the windows which has a few features not in the Android yet.

Anyway there are a few options Android x86 or Remix OS which is also available in an add on device.

I suppose it does sound like I'm selling it.

http://www.android-x86.org/

http://www.jide.com/en

• borntobesting
    9,679 Posts
    Thu, Mar 31 2016 4:13 PM

Apex posted the link to WGT's advice how to have a smooth meter and that is not a smart @ss remark. But he chose to completely ignore it and talk about how bad his meter is again.

RSS