Help › Forums

Ace, gone but not forgotten

Mon, Dec 5 2011 11:31 PM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • OWN3R
    58 Posts
    Mon, Feb 21 2011 3:21 PM

Greeetings,

Last night while playing a match on Kiawahs 8th hole I hit my 1st and probably only ever ace. It showed on the scorecard and when I finished the match I got something like 45 experience points for the hole-in-one. But to my dismay it has never showed up in my stats as I still have a goose egg under this.

Why would a hole in one not register?

Thank you

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Mon, Feb 21 2011 4:07 PM

I think you answered it, it was a match play. Match play, Alternate and Practice rounds do not register stats.

• sprella
    147 Posts
    Mon, Feb 21 2011 5:21 PM

First of all...does the management ever read these forums or threads?

I had a hole in one in a normal 2 player stroke play at Kiawah #5. There was no way of saving that!

Why is that? What prevents the management or the creators to have it as a possibility?

I hereby call for that option!

Sprella 

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Mon, Feb 21 2011 7:51 PM

We do read the forums every day.

Like someone mentioned: stats are not recorded in match play, as games, practice modes.

Also, right now, replays can only be saved in 1 person games.

thanks,

-wgticon

• golfkid210
    313 Posts
    Mon, Feb 21 2011 8:52 PM

What's the rationale behind stats not being recorded in match play games?  I can see that in practice mode.

Maybe for match play, only count holes where the ball actually goes into the hole.  I would have to agree that getting an ace, or an albatross, or even an eagle (especially for someone like me :P ) and not having it go into the stats is slightly disappointing.

• YancyCan
    3,027 Posts
    Mon, Feb 21 2011 8:59 PM

OWN3R:
    Last night while playing a match on Kiawahs 8th hole I hit my 1st and probably only ever ace

Hello - I am Yancy

Been asking those who done got their first Ace on the WGT if what I read on the innerwebs is true.

Do you remember exactly what you had to eat after this first WGT hole in one?

Any info seriously appreciated.

THX - Yancy

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Tue, Feb 22 2011 12:30 AM

Match play is match play. Many times you don't play to score lowest but you play your opponent. A lot of times holes and putts are conceded and such. So, we cannot just record special stats, like rare HIO's or double eagles and not record others, like driving % or putting % and so on.

I know hio's are rare, I only have 8 in 4000+ rounds... but rules are rules

-wgticon

• Noobingalltheway
    222 Posts
    Tue, Feb 22 2011 10:40 AM

Have to disagree Icon. 

Why can't drives be recorded? I believe driving is exactly the same in MP as it is in Stroke?

Why can't putting % be recorded? Putting % only records against attempted putts, so surely a conceded putt wouldn't play a part? (WGT write the script that allows a putt to be conceded, surely they can differentiate between when a putt is conceded and when it was played)

Only thing that shouldn't be recorded is stroke rating

JMO

Rob

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, Feb 22 2011 11:05 AM

WGTicon:
    we cannot just record special stats, like rare HIO's or double eagles and not record others, like driving % or putting % and so on.

Ok, you win, record ALL the stats in match play then. LOL

I only pay attention to the putting stats on a game basis anyway so I can handle conceded putts just fine.  The cumulative putting stats are meaningless for the most part (to me) since they've never been reset since day 1.

Seriously, record all the stats in match play and I'll deal with the putting stats.  I'd rather see my flag hits, hole outs, eagles, and HIOs recorded than worry about messing up my already messed up putting stats.

There is no stroke score to record so that wouldn't be a problem either.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Tue, Feb 22 2011 11:31 AM

Noobingalltheway:

Have to disagree Icon. 

Why can't drives be recorded? I believe driving is exactly the same in MP as it is in Stroke?

Why can't putting % be recorded? Putting % only records against attempted putts, so surely a conceded putt wouldn't play a part? (WGT write the script that allows a putt to be conceded, surely they can differentiate between when a putt is conceded and when it was played)

Only thing that shouldn't be recorded is stroke rating

JMO

Rob

For example: let's say I got to 15ft and my opponent hits into bunker and hits out to 12ft on a really bad slope. If I was playing for lowest score, I'd likely go for the birdie but in match play, I would likely not do that. I would have to weigh my line, what would my miss do (ie if it's down slope, my miss may be 8ft by for example). So, i'd likely lag it to as close as I can and hope he misses. Those are the types of match play tactics one goes through.

That's just one example...other times if an opponent drives into fescue, I may choke to hit fairway and so on...

Those are not true stats of the play but are specific reactions to an opponent. Hence why they are not recorded.

But I know how you feel, I have enough match play/as games to know... I hit an awesome 190 yard holeout on #13 kiawah which went nowhere since it was in AS.

I am not saying it'll never happen, that's not my decision and of course others will read this thread, but those are just my reasons why it is not done so now.

-wgticon

• PAGES
RSS