Forums

Help › Forums

Survey Rant

rated by 0 users
Mon, Apr 11 2016 11:22 AM (5 replies)
  • budfan4861
    183 Posts
    Sun, Apr 10 2016 5:45 AM

I've never said anything about the surveys here at WGT because i have come to understand that success with them is sort of like a cross between winning the lottery & making it from one end of a county fair midway to the other unscathed. It happens, but you need a little luck. But i gotta say something about this one. I spent around 30 minutes this morning doing a survey concerning hotels. Now, the nature of my work is such that i spend a lot of time away from home living out of a hotel room. So i have some experience with them. I spent half an hour doing this survey and was able to give thoughtful, insightful answers to the questions that were asked. My reward for my trouble was 5 credits and being told that i did not qualify for the survey. It's not so much the 5 credits that bother me because i can afford to pay to play and the fact of the matter is i do have a lot of success with surveys. I just was bothered by the time expended only to be told that i didn't qualify.

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Sun, Apr 10 2016 6:01 AM

I am now on a "fixed income", so I was trying to mitigate the cost of play through surveys. The same thing kept happening to me. I never qualified. It finally dawned on me that my time was also worth something. In fact, the older you get  the more valuable your time becomes, because you have less of it.

I finally stopped struggling to obtain "free" credits, and just use my credit card. Nothing in life is completely free. Even a "hobby" like feeding the ducks costs a loaf of bread.

ct

• largemouth51
    1,212 Posts
    Sun, Apr 10 2016 6:16 AM

The fact of the matter is they are not real surveys. They do not want your opinion. What they want is for you to confirm their predetermined result. If at anytime during the survey your honest opinions differ from this result you will be dismissed.

HO

• Luciano18
    317 Posts
    Sun, Apr 10 2016 7:52 AM

Budfan, in my experience when this has happened to me, I have done the "report error" top right corner 

Peanut labs have always replied (mostly 48-72hr) and it has usually been favourable 

I make the point that 30 or so minutes in, only to be disqualified just before completion is unacceptable - either stop me before I get too far in or allow me through to the end

Good luck

Luciano 

• Lesthanpar
    1,484 Posts
    Mon, Apr 11 2016 11:22 AM

budfan4861:
    I've never said anything about the surveys here at WGT because i have come to understand that success with them is sort of like a cross between winning the lottery & making it from one end of a county fair midway to the other unscathed.

If you are working doing a survey to try to get credits then you are willing to do a little something for very little. If you cannot tell some rip off scam artist at the fair that says to you win this teddy bear for your girl friend or you are a wimp to shove off then you do not have the sense or brains to realize when some of the surveys are total BS.

I did a ton of surveys on this site and got a lot of credits for it. Got burned a few times milked far more than I got burned for.

I realized I can make real $$ doing surveys from other sites that pay rather than  doing it here for credits and now make 50.00 to 100.00 or more per month doing surveys for real money.

Do not get caught up in answering a bunch of questions to try to qualify only to be told no you don't.. Want to make a buck, that is 100 credits? try 

turk.com/mturk/welcome

Have a good time working for peanuts on the internet

RSS