Forums

Help › Forums

Tierless Brackets-I'm a slow learner

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jul 31 2016 11:06 PM (4 replies)
  • VogieScratch
    353 Posts
    Wed, Apr 13 2016 2:25 PM

I've been playing about 1.5 years and just realized that I have almost no chance of winning a tierless bracket.  And to think I spent credits on many of them!

When you sign up for a tierless bracket and pay your credits you have no idea what level of player you are going up against.  Odds are there are 1 or more CHAMPION level players entered and it is my opinion this tier of player is a gamer more than a golfer.  In the tournament I recently entered 7 of the 15 players that posted a score were at Champion tier.  I'm at the Legend tier with a 67.70 average and play from the same tees as the Champion tier.  I respect superior play and the amount of time some of these 7 players have put in (score avg = 53.2 and WGT members an avg of 4.5 years) but when WGT lets them go up against clearly less skilled or capable players like myself it creates an unfair advantage.  Its especially annoying when I've "paid" to entered the tournament.

I don't mind competing against players in the tier above or below mine as I feel I have a reasonable chance of success, but I see the tierless bracket games as a WGT gift to the highest level players.

As I said in the Subject, I'm a slow learner, but I won't be playing any tierless bracket games again.

WGT - Is there anything you could about this inequity?

HaHa.  A little humor to end with.

• Chris1973M
    1,832 Posts
    Wed, Apr 13 2016 5:37 PM

I understand your opinion..however I am Champion..with avg score of 64.54..which truly reflects my true AVG...I may be alone but I am a player of the game...have alot fun doing so..and will continue playing Tierless brackets untill WGT changes that.....stick to Legend tier im sure you will be fine...gl and have fun with the game.

Chris

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Apr 13 2016 5:38 PM

To be honest, you, nor me for that matter would stand much of a chance, as you will be up against players at a higher tier. It does not mean you cannot win, but the cards are not in your favour.

My advice would be to play tiered brackets, but again, being brutally honest, with an average of 67 you will struggle in those too.

Play for fun.

But I did sneak a look at your profile....if you want to save money, stop buying CC Passes and Focus Boosts - neither are of any help.

• darek2
    1,880 Posts
    Sat, Jul 30 2016 10:45 PM

try  your tier  to play ,  i think  u will  have easer 

when u be more mature player , with  higher tier  u can   challenge all

gl & hf

• DufferJohn7
    3,576 Posts
    Sun, Jul 31 2016 11:06 PM

As I learned I don't mind running with the big dogs for free but I won't pay to swim with the sharks.  LOL

Have fun and hit 'em straight.

John

RSS