Forums

Help › Forums

Durability comparison

Sat, Oct 13 2012 2:32 PM (41 replies)
  • Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Sat, Apr 9 2011 12:52 PM

Calloway Tour(z)  Level 45 Durability

Characteristics

Spin             3      dots

Distance     4.5   dots

Feel              2.5  dots

Durability       2.0 dots

BALL #2

Round Type    Total Shots      #Putts      Net Shots        Total       

Part Rank                 10                   4                  6                     6

9-hole Tourn            32                  13                19                  25

Random 3                10                   4                  6                    31

Random 3                10                  3                   7                    38

RG-9 hole               28                 11                 17                  55

RG- 9hole               31                 13                 18                  73

Match Play                  32                  12                 20                 93

CTTH                             4                                          4                   97

Part-Rank                     5                    2                    3                 100

Summary a total of 162 shots taken including 62 putts leaving a net shot total of 100.

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Sat, Apr 16 2011 3:45 AM

I just finished using up a Callaway i(s) ball, L33 with 2.5 dots durability. I didnt record what games i was playing, dont know if it makes a difference, but the total was 199 shots, with 89 of these putts, leaving a total of 110 shots. 

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Sat, Apr 16 2011 6:55 AM

WGTicon:

The tests we have done on our end do not show anything unexpected. We are continuing to check into this but others feedback would also be appreciated.

-wgticon

I will be posting a series of random checks to provide feedback to WGT.  However, I agree, it would be nice to hear from WGT's end what to expect.  I think it is important to know what to expect, and then provide feedback when something is out of speck!

Shade

• brettbell5
    16 Posts
    Sat, Apr 16 2011 7:40 AM

Putts are recorded.I had a gi-sd ball replaced after my first putt about 3 months ago.

• astcbear54
    13 Posts
    Tue, Apr 19 2011 5:46 PM

I have read durability posts ad infinitum.  Number of hits, number of dots etc.

Can't someone with all this information just answer a simple question?

Which WGT ball has the longer durability.  I don't care about distance, spin and all the other factors.  I just can't continue to buy balls at such a fast rate. 

Help!!!!!!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Apr 20 2011 4:53 AM

astcbear54:
    Which WGT ball has the longer durability.  I don't care about distance, spin and all the other factors.  I just can't continue to buy balls at such a fast rate. 

Then don't. Just use the free ball. It never wears out.

• Fatherbrown
    282 Posts
    Wed, Apr 20 2011 9:35 AM

BXD ball

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Fri, Apr 22 2011 2:01 AM

Fatherbrown:

BXD ball

When I first joined the site that is all I played with for four months.

• 2337me
    2 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2012 6:34 AM

My balls got gr8 durability. ;]

Otherwise, maybe the type of shot matter : fairway, bunker, fescue,weeds,& ofc...water hazard...along with a purely "time-deadline" (which wouldn't b realistic...)

I think they should provide some other "infinite/unlimited  durability" options (like the starter balls), especially when you reach some good level/tier (i doubt golf legends should worry about buying ball packs ).

• rtgjeg
    280 Posts
    Fri, Mar 16 2012 7:47 AM

To me it makes sense that a ball with two dots would be twice as durable as a ball with one dot, and 3 dots would be 3 times as durable.  That is obviously not the case.  Why doesn't WGT just abandon the 'dot' system and go to a numeric system that shows us how many shots (on average) we can expect to get from each ball.  I think this would be a lot less confusing.

RSS