Forums

Help › Forums

intro 1st post, question of exp in balls, and water?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Dec 5 2016 8:09 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • shaunlewie
    9 Posts
    Mon, May 23 2016 8:40 AM

Hello ladies and gents,

1st post of few, altho an oldish member account only playing few months now and complete addict to get scores i know I'm capable of getting. but mistakes ,mm misses, freaky lag, or being bit stupid and rushing its yet to happen.

With every next hole or round we play here and the possible chance of that first ace, double eagle or god like play has hooked me enough to add better balls, clubs, and paid for credits.

Never been a gamer sort myself, just mega drive and playstation as a kid but as got older never appealed, and honestly thought paying out for bits in a game. I always thought was bit sad and pathetic, well thats me now, ;) and to my surprise ,I've convinced myself that standard balls are way too fast to play with effectively , so every time I'm out, I'm now putting my hand into my pockets and there deep ones. Trust me!

I know that the games free to play and the only person responsible in essence is myself, but what is your experience and thoughts with lost balls , with water and out of bounds? because mines getting rather high in my opinion, and does seem 85% of them lost balls is due to lag, i click mouse and line keeps going and registers delayed moments after released finger thus resulting in a lost ball, my question here is, anyone else having similar experiences? and what your thoughts about it?

personally my feelings with paid for, and especially new virgin balls should be, that the ball loses 50% hits left .not a complete loss, I'm a big believer not quitting any game especially in multi player games, even if I'm hitting quad bogeys every hole I'm determined to see that game to the end and post score.

regretfully once or twice i haven't ! and after losing three balls in strange circumstances in succession ,nearly fully deleted account and lose the computer out the window. so i do imagine wgt has seen few accounts deleted.

I know its a free game and must make cash to survive and pay hosting ,servers, taxes etc,,,  but as i too get cash for ads elsewhere, with the sponsors, ads and traffic that the game here gets, well then it will be very profitable indeed, as lost balls add up in value quickly so do profits from ad revenue. more members happy coming back over and over surely better for a small compromise,  as the game reflects real life gameplay of golf i would have no issues in getting wet to retrieve my lucky favourite balls, if i was a real life player, with the option present to me.

In my opinion only and intentions in the future of my game play here, it is that they should revise the loss of balls policy asap as eventually from my regular small payments that i make. there will come a point, thats enough for me, and stop paying out anything especially when they are being mostly consummed by ill timed unexpected lag issues, common sense will kick in.

As in any business or sales in any field the customer is never really right, but let him think he is. Keep them happy and coming back for more and more. And on that note I'm all for a loss ball = 50% loss and hope enough members agree somewhat and becomes considered and built in. That or towel to dry myself off as a accessory.

respectfully last few days have been kind to me and losses minimal one maybe two and enjoying my time here and members alike. so I'm in no rush to stop and you got me around for sometime yet, just expressing my thoughts and improvments i would enjoy my time more. Right then off to play on few water shots now wish me luck.

feel free to invite me for a game anytime, all the best, have fun, take care

Kind regards 

Shaun 

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Mon, May 23 2016 11:53 AM

shaunlewie:
    I know that the games free to play and the only person responsible in essence is myself, but what is your experience and thoughts with lost balls , with water and out of bounds? because mines getting rather high in my opinion, and does seem 85% of them lost balls is due to lag, i click mouse and line keeps going and registers delayed moments after released finger thus resulting in a lost ball, my question here is, anyone else having similar experiences? and what your thoughts about it?

All about getting computer correct ( ok, occasional WGT things happen but ) once you know which holes the meter speeds towards the DING and on which water holes the wind constantly lies....

Then you are fully armed..because they ^^ are consistent.

Took me a long time to get it right ( comp newbie ) then with flash issues back when..it needed doing all over again :-(

Had same set up for 2 years now.....and maybe only 10 times have strange / unexplainable things happened during that time...

gl in search for the 'Holy Grail' ;-))

n good hitting !

Andy

• alosso
    21,054 Posts
    Mon, May 23 2016 12:25 PM

You write too much for me to read.

But, most problems with the meter can be solved by the player, reducing the CPU load or changing the browser.

As for the modifications in the game, read my final line - and don't wait for changes, just be the change.

They are WGT, hope is futile.

• SidersBest
    873 Posts
    Mon, May 23 2016 8:11 PM

I don't know what ball you're using but after watching several YouTube videos I noticed that the people who hit the ding allows the swing meter to go through the process at least 2 times b/4 they hit the ball. I maybe wrong but I've been practicing and when the meter gets to the strike point the first 2 times the practice clicking on the ding beside their mouse and on the third try and the meter says 'click mouse here' they click very close to the ding if not on the ding. Check out "Young46" In Practice Mode  1 or 3 holes take time to simulate clicking on the ding before you play a ranked round. Good luck and keep clicking the ding

Siders Best  

• tjune2016
    588 Posts
    Tue, May 24 2016 3:45 AM

I do not care what anyone says, most of the problems we face lost balls meter issues are all  WGT doings. Example , wind at back Green 90 yds away. I will us a 90 yd club   because wind is with me and hit at 90%,   I hit the ding balls goes 20 to far goes in right bunker.  how did this happen??  They mess with your shots thats how it happen. Only ones on here who have no trouble work for WGT. Enough said.

• HIOSoon
    208 Posts
    Tue, May 24 2016 9:50 AM

tjune2016:
    Only ones on here who have no trouble work for WGT. Enough said.

enough already ! Lol

• nanstar
    4,914 Posts
    Wed, May 25 2016 4:56 AM

tjune2016:

I do not care what anyone says,

Me neither.

tjune2016:

Enough said.

Yep.

Thanks.

• lighthouserice
    1 Posts
    Wed, May 25 2016 8:30 AM

I too was having the same problem with the meter going past the ding, all the way to the right, even though I clicked the mouse at the ding. This was while using safari as my browser. I changed to firefox and the meter and the mouse worked like it was suppose to. Hope this helps.

• NRencich
    44 Posts
    Fri, Nov 25 2016 2:55 PM

AMEN !!!  Today the game was playing fine, no issues.   Then out of nowhere, I click real close to the bar, and watch the meter continue to move a good portion, only to create a big push and losing the ball.   If it responded, I wouldn't have lost the ball.   This is why I will NOT spend any cash on this game again.   Spent too much for WGT to take it away from me.

• PAGES
RSS