Forums

Help › Forums

Trooping the colour

Wed, Jul 13 2016 10:16 AM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sat, Jun 11 2016 11:05 AM

Fantastic again. Not a foot wrong on the parade from humans or horses. Or a note wrong from the band.

Well done

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sat, Jun 11 2016 11:14 AM

Who actually gives a f*ck about a family of perverts and the old boot of a mothers birthday?

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sat, Jun 11 2016 11:29 AM

Me for one. 

• WigerToods2010
    8,446 Posts
    Sun, Jun 12 2016 2:18 AM

Watched it yesterday morning and loved the pomp and ceremony. The military band music was superb and so inspiring to hear. Loved the precision shown by all those military personnel on parade - thank you chaps for your service.

Best bit for me was the flypast by the RAF planes from over the years. The wife thought I was rather sad as I could name most immediately just from their small silhouettes as they appeared in the distance. The Hurricane & Spitfire powering past together had me thinking back to my plooky youth and a bedroom ceiling awash with Airfix models hanging down from it.

To finish it off with a red, white and blue vapor filled sky courtesy of  the Red Devils was a truly glorious sight.

Happy Birthday Ma'am.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sun, Jun 12 2016 2:53 AM

Yeah mate, i love that type of precision marching etc etc.

The band, pipes and drums etc etc just gives me a shiver. Went to Edinburgh (sorry) Tattoo once and i was in awe of it all.

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Sun, Jun 12 2016 3:47 AM

The event was big in Canada also. Lots of events going on to celebrate the Queen's birthday as well...(probably also in Australia?)

The popular figures in Canada are the Queen, then the younger generation..Kate, William and Harry. 

ct

ps: Rumor is that Bubbs has a litre of the blue blood in him...explains his fondness for mauve and ermine.:)

• bladelad
    147 Posts
    Sun, Jun 12 2016 3:49 AM

PaulTon:

Who actually gives a f*ck about a family of perverts and the old boot of a mothers birthday?

I do!.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sun, Jun 12 2016 4:38 AM

Couple of them I would not give tuppence for that's for sure.  Queenie though has done a great job, and not one I would ever want  or likely to be offered, LOL.

We had a 10 ish years go at being a republic, and practically to a person were happy to restore the monarchy at the end of basically 30 years of bloody fighting.  Bumped away Cromwell's son Richard (AKA Tumbledown Dick or Queen Dick to his real close friends), and so was formed the "Constitutional Monarchy" 1660 (ish as not googling this).  Kicking and screaming that very recognisable parliamentary democracy has been way better than some alternatives out there.  

Happy birthday from Aussie, and thanks for the Queens Birthday public holiday tomorrow:)

I quite liked seeing it all go on:)

• petervcpt
    1,013 Posts
    Sun, Jun 12 2016 5:51 AM

WigerToods2010:

Best bit for me was the flypast by the RAF planes from over the years. The wife thought I was rather sad as I could name most immediately just from their small silhouettes as they appeared in the distance. The Hurricane & Spitfire powering past together had me thinking back to my plooky youth and a bedroom ceiling awash with Airfix models hanging down from it.

heh, I also had Airfix models hanging from my bedroom ceiling as a kid...used to heat up a pin and stick it into the fuselages to simulate bullet holes, too.

Now THAT was sad :-)

Happy birthday Ma'am!

• VamboRools
    260 Posts
    Sun, Jun 12 2016 6:41 AM

PaulTon:

Well....we could always follow your lead and put these in charge..........

Every time Nicola Sturgeon makes a speech you'd think she was looking for a fight !!!

• PAGES
RSS