Help › Forums

Way to steal my thunder...

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jun 18 2016 5:40 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • d1kingofkings
    19 Posts
    Sun, Jun 12 2016 9:10 AM

Damn...sure knows how to steal my thunder. I'm Tour Pro almost level 60. Tried WGT in 2011 and didn't really like it. Tried again about a month ago and am loving it! I was playing in Casablanca and I got paired up with a Legend on Royal St George. I said, "HF GL" as I always do when the game started. First hole Par 3 and tons of wind. I hit the green but far right and below the hole, I 2 putt for par. He hits the green to about 4 yards above and left, he 2 putts for par. Next hole, Par 4. I hit the fairway and he hits the left rough. I hit the green about 3 yards short and 2 putt. He hits hit second shot and come up short of the green. He chips up and 2 putts for bogey. Last hole, I club down and use 3w because I didn't want to hit the little creek in front. Tons of wind right to left from our back. I hit the fairway with about 260+ left to the hole. He hits Driver and is like a yard from the creek. I take my 3w again and aim almost at the fence line on the right. I straight push the ball out for a lost ball. :( Now hitting 4, I aim a little bit more left from prior and just nut the shot! It was a thumper! I was so happy...and then...it kept rolling...and rolling...and it went in for birdie!!! I was like O M G WOW!!! He then says something, "F'in multi-accounter!", then he hits his next shot and it was a thumper...missed his putt for eagle and then disconnected. I was like wow...way to steal my thunder.

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Sun, Jun 12 2016 12:17 PM

Congrats on your round , The guy you were playing was just a cry baby , Don't worry about him , Your going to find a mix of people on here , some are real cool and others are not so cool .  Make friends and play them,, and join a Country Club you will find a lot of good folks that way .............

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sun, Jun 12 2016 12:23 PM

d1kingofkings:
    I was playing in Casablanca and I got paired up with a Legend on Royal St George.

Casablanca?

• Chris1973M
    1,832 Posts
    Sun, Jun 12 2016 12:35 PM

Yes there are many of multi accounts here.and I for 1 cant stand them nor want be in a round with them..I get tiered of hearing some of the upper tiers whine..when getting beat by a legit lower tier. ..try to surround your self with real people....random games are like a box of chocolates ...never now what the heck we are going to get.

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Sun, Jun 12 2016 12:55 PM

PaulTon:
    Casablanca?

Mobile lingo - gaming areas.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sun, Jun 12 2016 1:48 PM

alosso:

PaulTon:
    Casablanca?

Mobile lingo - gaming areas.

Thanks P.

• d1kingofkings
    19 Posts
    Sun, Jun 12 2016 4:34 PM

Coin room. 10k for 18k if you win.

• d1kingofkings
    19 Posts
    Mon, Jun 13 2016 7:56 AM

Thanks! Yeah, it was pretty hilarious! I have found that more people that are in a CC tend to not forfeit and are generally nicer. I was thinking about looking to join a CC but I am going out of town next month. I look at it like starting a new job and taking PTO right after I start. I'll look into it after I get back!

• d1kingofkings
    19 Posts
    Mon, Jun 13 2016 8:02 AM

I totally understand. I don't know if I have encountered someone that has multiple accounts or not. Like you said, "random games are like a box of chocolates ...never now what the heck we are going to get.", I like the randomness. I am going to look at joining a CC in a month or so!

• Dad2147
    1,745 Posts
    Tue, Jun 14 2016 11:11 AM

What are the advantages of having multi accounts? The main thing I have noticed is a level 4 hack hitting from red tees and shooting par,birdie birdie and putting a whipping on me. I thought it was pretty strange. Not your normal level 4 golfer. 

• PAGES
RSS