Forums

Help › Forums

Reminder

Sun, Jul 10 2016 7:42 AM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Sat, Jul 9 2016 10:53 PM

The NRA has spent decades  telling Americans that they can and should have assault weapons so we can take take arms against our goverment.

Well a man in Dallas did just that yesterday, killing 5 cops.

This proves how dangerous NRA logic is.

No guns no killings !  Simple math!

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Sat, Jul 9 2016 11:42 PM

Not a true statement.  Before guns there were arrows, spears, blade weapons, rocks, etc, man kills man, for whatever reason.  Sometimes with no reason, just because he can.

I'm former Special Forces, 27months of combat experience.  In one of the countries I spent time as an advisor, the most dangerous weapon was a primitive sharpened stick with a throwing stick to launch it.  No guns there!

Come up with some other statement that actually has substance or may make a differance. Yours is worn out!  my Nickle

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Sat, Jul 9 2016 11:56 PM

Vietnam is a long time a go , I can't make my case against you guys, you are all heroes.

The US has gun and  kills, take a look at how other countries have in murder by gun shots

It just might shock you!

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Sun, Jul 10 2016 12:02 AM

It's a fecking fact , less guns , and less gun kills !

Has nothing to do with how many nut jobs that you have in your country .

We don't give our sick an Ar 15 !

You do !

Want more facts ?

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Sun, Jul 10 2016 12:06 AM

siggipj76:

Absolutely true.

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Sun, Jul 10 2016 12:29 AM

mkrizan86:

siggipj76:

Absolutely true.

Yes,it is true, fewer guns mean less opportunity for a regular law abiding person to be able to protect himself and his family against the criminal or a person who is in a mentally dangerous state of mind.

I myself want a weapon to be available for that law abiding person to have for protection.

Of course there are times when even the persons who believe in law may fail and use their weapon in an un-lawful way.

It may be possiable to have both, but at this stage of developement of the human it isn't happening quick enough, so the standard answer is NO GUNS !  my nickle.

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Sun, Jul 10 2016 1:00 AM

lee22sharon:
    Yes,it is true, fewer guns mean less opportunity for a regular law abiding person to be able to protect himself and his family against the criminal or a person who is in a mentally dangerous state of mind.

I'm coming from a country, where there are no gun stores, period. Only people allowed to carry are body guards, security guards (but only the ones transporting money), police (only when on duty) and military (again, not in their free time). We also allow registered hunters and sport shooters (the once that actually train and compete) to buy hunting rifles (hunters, of course) or small caliber rifles and pistols (sportsmen). That's it. 

We've never promoted guns, neither in politics, nor in the entertainment industry. There's next to zero guns on the black market. We have less than 10 murders a year (nation wide), with less than half being gun related, which is good, despite the fact there's only 2 million of us.

I understand it might be a tad late for this in your country, but don't tell me it can't be done. A culture has what a culture promotes.

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Sun, Jul 10 2016 1:09 AM

The first thing those in power have to do is dis-arm the population, otherwise they have the means to revolt in the face of absolute power that has been corrupted and rules for and of itself.

1776 comes to mind!  my nickle.

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Sun, Jul 10 2016 1:11 AM

What was the result of the investigation of the gunman who shot and killed the students at the public school?  Do not recall reading of a result.  my nickle

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Sun, Jul 10 2016 1:34 AM

lee22sharon:
    1776 comes to mind!

And understandably, that's one of the reasons why guns are so embedded in your culture. But it shouldn't be either an excuse or an argument 240 years later. A lot has changed and evolced since then. We have electricity, for example. Should people still make their own candles?

P.S.: We've been invaded and occupied by both, Germany and Italy in WW II. We've gone to the hills and forrests, stole guns and fought them off in the end with not much help from other nations. Then the war was over and we stopped carrying guns.

• PAGES
RSS