Forums

Help › Forums

Back after forced absence

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jul 21 2016 9:11 AM (21 replies)
  • chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Tue, Jul 19 2016 12:09 PM

Glad to be able to start playing WGT once again.  have had to stop playing due to constant working long hours with not much time off, and as i'm working away can only play on mobile (top golf only) which is not the same.  

Having had bad accident in work and fracturing heel (totally smashed) and in turn broke my ankle, having spent month in hospital and a new ankle and titanium plate in heel (i'm now half golf club so watch my shots) I have nice long recovery time now so i'm able to spend as much time as i like playing WGT once again.  Its been a very long time and i'm quite rusty, but wont take long to get back to best.

Here's a quick photo if you're not squeemish.  Please send pics back if you have nicer ones..LOL!

• drmoose
    3,538 Posts
    Tue, Jul 19 2016 12:29 PM

Now, that's a mighty fine lookin' wound right there. Funny ya posted this today, as I was just thinkin' "Where's CIB got to of late?",lol. Welcome back an' don't forget to clear your cache, try another browser, an' take your meds.

Doc :)

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Tue, Jul 19 2016 12:35 PM

Great to have you back and best wishes for a full and speedy recovery...quite the ordeal but you seem to be in good spirits and handling it well.

Welcome back!

• stevietwotimes
    1,327 Posts
    Tue, Jul 19 2016 12:36 PM

welcome back Chris,

been a while bud,think we need you back to shake up the forums again m8,haha.

ouch !!!!! looks nasty but i know how you feel, i spent 10 months on crutches after smashing my fibia and tibia in a road traffic accident and had to be put back together with pins and plates....made a full recovery and was soon back playing golf and football :) 

take care bud

thx stevie2x :)

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Jul 19 2016 12:51 PM

Welcome back Chris......in the interim we have all enjoyed a VEM free period....:))

Good luck with the recovery - looks painful!

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Tue, Jul 19 2016 1:31 PM

Ty guys, good to be back and nice to see the usual class from players, (and still the usual sulking when players lose) like the champion i just played in challenge match and at start i said i was rusty as first match in months, when i got lucky eagle on Merion #4 he started abusing me becasue i went one up,  Calling me liar and everything.  I even told him to look at my score history which is non existant to prove my point(compared to his constant playing)  i was glad to be sarcastic in saying that "skill is perminant" when i beat him 3-0.... Welcome back indeed.  

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Tue, Jul 19 2016 2:06 PM

LOL.....well looking at his wall he will be pretty miffed you clouted him ;-)

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Tue, Jul 19 2016 3:04 PM

Welcome back CIB. From somebody who has a few plates myself, make sure you do those Physio sessions dude, you will regret not doing them properly. 

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Jul 19 2016 5:52 PM

Good to see you Chris...but not under these circumstances, hope you have a quick recovery man.

I wish you'd just posted a link to the picture though bud, I was gonna have a munch, you've killed my appetite!

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Tue, Jul 19 2016 6:06 PM

Welcome back and glad that you are fine . Now tell us all about the good drugs did the doc give you the hook up lol ?

RSS