Forums

Help › Forums

Friends

rated by 0 users
Thu, Aug 4 2016 2:31 PM (7 replies)
  • quelani
    219 Posts
    Mon, Aug 1 2016 9:51 PM

I have recently joined a new CC and sent friend invites to all the members...only 30....I just got invited to play 1 of them,had a couple of games. Problem is, while I show on his friends list he does not show on mine.

On a totally different subject. I can be in the middle of a game with everything going fine and then up pops a message saying there is a problem with my internet connection. No sir...nothing wrong here.It is bloody annoying and I suspect the problem is overloaded servers.

• suncity28
    1,266 Posts
    Mon, Aug 1 2016 10:41 PM

There are few bugs at the moment with game all types of errors (according to other topics WGT are working on it)

Thinking it will be fine in a week or two.

• Robbo81303
    415 Posts
    Tue, Aug 2 2016 1:58 AM

quelani:

I have recently joined a new CC and sent friend invites to all the members...only 30....I just got invited to play 1 of them,had a couple of games. Problem is, while I show on his friends list he does not show on mine.

On a totally different subject. I can be in the middle of a game with everything going fine and then up pops a message saying there is a problem with my internet connection. No sir...nothing wrong here.It is bloody annoying and I suspect the problem is overloaded servers.

At the time of this post, your profile indicates you have 263 friends.  Due to a (very) longstanding WGT  glitch, if the number of friends exceeds 255, your newest friends beyond that number will usually not appear on your list.  Paring your list down to 255 or less should cure the issue.

On the other subject, I would say first check & make sure the upload portion of your internet is working properly.  Experience (mine & others) has taught me that a less-than-ideal upload condition is the issue most likely to generate the "connection lost" box.  Most folks never check their upload performance.  You can have the world's fastest download speeds; if the upload is corrupted, it can screw up the whole experience.  And WGT's servers do seem to require a more solid upload condition than many other sites in order to function properly.

Hope this helps.  Good luck.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Aug 2 2016 4:06 AM

Robbo81303:

On the other subject, I would say first check & make sure the upload portion of your internet is working properly.  Experience (mine & others) has taught me that a less-than-ideal upload condition is the issue most likely to generate the "connection lost" box.  Most folks never check their upload performance.  You can have the world's fastest download speeds; if the upload is corrupted, it can screw up the whole experience.  And WGT's servers do seem to require a more solid upload condition than many other sites in order to function properly.

How do you check this and what can be done to improve it?

• Jresh0817
    1,414 Posts
    Tue, Aug 2 2016 5:29 AM

Here you go buddy---http://www.speedtest.net/articles/how-to-get-faster-upload-speeds/

PaulTon:

Robbo81303:

How do you check this and what can be done to improve it?

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Aug 2 2016 5:44 AM

Thanks Jay.

• bery111
    3,859 Posts
    Tue, Aug 2 2016 8:00 AM

Paul, your ISP may also be able to help. If you get to their 3rd line support and past the script readers that is. :) BT are quite good at getting you through to their experts, Virginmedia less so. Best of luck.

• quelani
    219 Posts
    Thu, Aug 4 2016 2:31 PM

Robbo81303:

I use Chrome to play this game and the upload is very slow. I also have IE and when I load this game on there ...no problem....however the non working space bar in the chat window is a pain in the nether regions. Any idea why Chrome is slow as opposed to IE?

RSS