Forums

Help › Forums

Forfeit Fatigue

rated by 0 users
Thu, Oct 25 2018 8:28 AM (27 replies)
  • 8Westside
    21 Posts
    Thu, Feb 2 2017 7:20 PM

I am level 83 master and also play almost only on mobile. I played a 9 hole match today in the Casablanca room. They put us on the best of par 3's. My opponent was a level 91 master. 1st hole I stuck one close, he hit one to 10' and missed. 2nd hole I hit to 11' and he stuck one close. I made my putt. 3rd holes I stuck another one and he hit to about 12'. After 3 I was -3 and he was -2. The 4th hole was the 234 harder at Firestone I think. I hit one to 2' and got an immediate forfeit. From a level 91 master who had hit one to more than 12'!!! I'm not that good and would have probably backed up to him. Total aggravation. 

• Russ830
    2 Posts
    Sun, Oct 7 2018 9:34 AM

Totally agree, I've never forfeited intentionally, I've timed out a few times due to distractions of watching tv, cooking, interruptions and etc, but never down right forfeited. I personally think there should be some kind of penalty in place for this action though it may not be intentional. I've had individuals state I'm not playing in the areas for my level and tier just because they can't play or they're trying to get under my skin thinking it going to disturb my game, which doesn't happen. The one thing I've found to do with the ones trying to distract my play and continually forfeiting is to block them so as not to have to put up with their childish behaviors.

Keep on swinging, maybe it'll get better. 

• PastorJon
    283 Posts
    Fri, Oct 19 2018 6:40 PM

In the mobile game it's a MUCH greater percentage of the folks who do it. Maybe it's because of the short timeframe for many of the matches, and they want to get in as many as they can and don't give 2 cents about their opponent or courtesy.

For me the worst time is when people play it through to the end, miss the putt that would tie, then forfeit the match before you can putt for the win, knowing they are screwing you out of the xp. The even cuter ones *cough* send you a message after they forfeit with a F* U* LOL so you know it was deliberate.

If you forfeit it doesn't count as a win or a loss in the monthly stats. You still lose the coins, but some people just do it to be jerks. Yes, you can block them (something I wish you could do in the PC version), but that's another pita and time consuming for you.

• PastorJon
    283 Posts
    Mon, Oct 22 2018 5:00 PM

I just wish the wins and losses from forfeit games counted in the stats, for both players.

• whooshdangit
    1,246 Posts
    Mon, Oct 22 2018 7:50 PM

Hi PastorJon

PastorJon:

Yes, you can block them (something I wish you could do in the PC version)

If you click ACCOUNT, above the PLAY NOW,  then you should see this

Enter their user name and hit block. Done.

Cheers!

Rich

RSS