Help › Forums

Hello All

rated by 0 users
Mon, Mar 21 2011 5:35 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • jimbomd
    7 Posts
    Thu, Mar 17 2011 1:52 PM

Just wanted to say hello to everyone.  I'm very new to on-line gaming and have been practicing up so as not to be too horrible @ this.  I'm an architect not so patiently waiting on a couple of projects to get started so I'm available to play most days from 7:30 am to 5ish.  I look forward to playing with you ... er.... on - line that is.   Too much day drinking and watching basketball.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Thu, Mar 17 2011 3:08 PM

welcome!

-wgticon

• 6six6
    194 Posts
    Thu, Mar 17 2011 7:57 PM

i remember my first game. st. andrews, horrid. couldn't stop the balls. lots of 10's.

• golfkid210
    313 Posts
    Thu, Mar 17 2011 8:12 PM

I remember my first game too.  I actually tried the U.S. Open thing at Oakmont.  Ended up a few shots over 100 for 18.  I think I only hit 10 once though.  I have since realized that the vast majority of the game is not as hard. lol

• jimbomd
    7 Posts
    Fri, Mar 18 2011 5:11 AM

Unfortunately this game is not unlike my first nip of ale.  Not exactly a refreshing drink, but thirty some years later here we are.  Thank you all for the kind words and look forward to having some on - line fun.

• puttersman
    240 Posts
    Fri, Mar 18 2011 7:24 AM

Welcome to the game Jimbond, you will enjoy it immensely , If you have problems with game play, meter problems etc. there are a lot of answers to found here, and no end of members willing to impart their words of wisdom. Also a lot of good debates. Lol. Best golf sim on the planet none the less. Have yourself a hell of a time.

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Fri, Mar 18 2011 8:04 AM

I see you are new to online gaming.Well it seems someone has hijacked your profile picture already and substituted something less savoury.Still,at least you might get some men gifting you oodles in return for something or other.That said,a  time in Hades is for sure on offer.

Lizzie xx

• jimbomd
    7 Posts
    Fri, Mar 18 2011 9:03 AM

Hi Lizzie!  I was reading your post on cupboards the other day and it made me laugh out loud sitting @ my computer.  The pic is for the muse of some contractor friends who have yet to get on board with this game.  Additionally, I would think my time in hades will unfortunately be well extended past this offense.  Perhaps even middle management.

Thanks for the reply and I look forward to reading more of your posts and perhaps we can have a game when I am more proficient.  Glad to meet you ... on - line wise... that is.

Jim

• IH8kidz
    907 Posts
    Fri, Mar 18 2011 1:30 PM

Welcome to the game Jim. I find your profile pic quite savory myself :) Got anymore like that? Looks like you're doing pretty well for just starting in February. Keep practicing.

IH8

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Fri, Mar 18 2011 2:45 PM

jimbomd:

Thanks for the reply and I look forward to reading more of your posts and perhaps we can have a game when I am more proficient.  Glad to meet you ... on - line wise... that is.

Jim

Well to be fair (To me of course) I think we should play BEFORE you get any better.It isn't that I dislike losing,only the other day I lost a sandwich so heaven knows Im used to it.Well when I say I lost a sandwich,what it was,Mum had made me some because she and Dad were going away and she always does that-long story-end result,she makes me sarnies too,which is something of a false economy since I have to drive all the way to salcombe to pick them up.Anyway,they were meant for lunch the next day,but as usual I ate them on the drive back(Not an economy drive in so many ways).Thing is,I only remember eating three of them,and I felt there should have been four,which left me understandably nonplussed.

I have analysed the drive home,relating objects and landmarks to the story I was listening to on the CD,and hoping that by association,I would remember what part of which sandwich I was eating at what part of the CD story in relation to where I was at that point.No luck,although there were vague gaps,but none in my mind,large enough for me to have consumed a whole sandwich unnoticed.Well not a WHOLE sandwich,since they were cut in half diagonally,the way I prefer although I doubt that this would detract from the taste and nutritional value of the sandwich.So by now I expect you will be recognising my dichotomy but given the parameters available,I doubt in all sincerity that you will be able to help.Unless you were passing by and saw me eating a sandwich,yet even then you wouldn't know whether it was the apparent missing one or not.

On the other hand,.I have four fingers.

Lizzie xx

• PAGES
RSS