Forums

Help › Forums

question for anyone that knows

rated by 0 users
Wed, Aug 17 2016 2:38 AM (22 replies)
  • krskfr
    458 Posts
    Thu, Aug 11 2016 8:23 AM

Does anyone know if i were to use a wedge shot on the green, if that counts toward my putting stats? 

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Thu, Aug 11 2016 10:24 AM

Don't know about that, but it will get you taken out and shot by the greenskeeper.

• adaputter
    1,954 Posts
    Thu, Aug 11 2016 10:31 AM

krskfr:

Does anyone know if i were to use a wedge shot on the green, if that counts toward my putting stats? 

a wedge shot does not use a putter so i dont think so 

• krskfr
    458 Posts
    Thu, Aug 11 2016 1:13 PM

adaputter:
    a wedge shot does not use a putter so i dont think so

yea, i was thinking the same thing, perhaps a WGT official can chime into this discussion, i'd be really curious to find out. Sometimes i like to mess around on the green with my wedge not knowing if that will hinder my putting stats lol.

• Robert1893
    7,712 Posts
    Thu, Aug 11 2016 1:16 PM

krskfr:

I just played a practice round of 3 holes, and it didn't count the wedge shots as putts under stats.  

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Thu, Aug 11 2016 2:10 PM

Robert1893:

krskfr:

I just played a practice round of 3 holes, and it didn't count the wedge shots as putts under stats.  

Stats  or scores arent kept when playing practice rounds . But if using a wedge it should come under chipping or pitching even though its on the green . Of course when it comes to tough questions sometimes Im at a loss usually they only give me headaches . :-)

• Robert1893
    7,712 Posts
    Thu, Aug 11 2016 3:19 PM

lonniescott711:
    Stats  or scores arent kept when playing practice rounds .

I was referring to the scorecard that's accessible throughout the round and is available to view at the end of the round.

While you're correct that the scores and stats aren't aggregated with ranked rounds, the scores and stats for that round are still reported in the scorecard and can be viewed until exiting the round. 

At least it is on the mobile version of the game.  

• Robert1893
    7,712 Posts
    Thu, Aug 11 2016 3:41 PM

So to clarify my post above, here's what I'm referring to.

I played a 3-hole practice round. For each hole, when I got to the green, I played 1 wedge shot and 2 putts. On the scorecard portion, it lists 9 putts. In the stats portion of the card, however, it lists only a total of 6 putts and has as the average putts per hole as 2. But curiously enough, for 3 putts or more, it lists 3.

I have to believe that ranked rounds are treated similarly. I cannot see how or why they would set up the scorecards to count strokes differently in a practice round than a ranked round.  

But again, I understand that practice rounds do not affect actual stats or averages. I simply used a practice round to illustrate how a wedge shot is treated when played on the green.  

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Fri, Aug 12 2016 1:18 AM

This is a long-known phenomenon: A difference between the putts indicated on the scorecard and in the in-game stats.

It concerns off-green putts as well as wedge shots on the greens. The scorecard counts them as putts but the stats don't. I suppose that the overall players' stats receive their data from the latter (but who knows?)

Alas, this is another difference:

Robert1893:
    for 3 putts or more, it lists 3.

It may be like this on a mobile device, but on PC, I see "5 putts" indicated after five-putting, both on scorecard and in stats. Of course, this contributes to the "Three putts or more" stats.

• Robert1893
    7,712 Posts
    Fri, Aug 12 2016 5:58 AM

alosso:
    It may be like this on a mobile device, but on PC, I see "5 putts" indicated after five-putting, both on scorecard and in stats. Of course, this contributes to the "Three putts or more" stats.

Good to know.

The wedge shot on the green can come in handy. I've used it a couple of times with some success.  

RSS