Forums

Help › Forums

Under moderation

rated by 0 users
Tue, Aug 23 2016 9:52 AM (32 replies)
  • PhilEStein
    1,269 Posts
    Wed, Aug 17 2016 6:15 AM

Is it really that important in the great scheme of things I wonder? 

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Wed, Aug 17 2016 6:18 AM

Robert1893:

Well, the takeaway from this thread is that, whatever you do, for the love of all that's holy... don't mention you know CT! ;-) 

At least not to Icon...I even reminded him that I'm the only player who thinks a pink tutu brings out his eyes.:)

..oi vey

ct

• Robert1893
    7,712 Posts
    Wed, Aug 17 2016 7:26 AM

ct690911:

At least not to Icon...I even reminded him that I'm the only player who thinks a pink tutu brings out his eyes.:)

..oi vey

ct

LOL! 

• IlahBes
    281 Posts
    Wed, Aug 17 2016 1:55 PM

Thanks for your answers, guys :) 

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Wed, Aug 17 2016 4:12 PM

DodgyPutter:

ct690911:
    That didn't work for me...I think Icon was the one who put me in time out...anyway, asking CS is a waste on this issue, as they simply say it's up to the mods...took about a month for me to get out of their doghouse...

I think I've been in all year, and I'm not entirely sure what I said in the first place.  

At least now everyone in this thread now knows at least one of the mod's had read some of it :-)

I kicked an on-line bully in the nutz.  I was moderated for retaliating. Three lessons:

1. Don't send a formal complaint about someone, if you have already handled it.,

2. WGT doesn't care who started it...full stop.

3. I was advised to turn the other cheek...I guess so the bully could hit me on both sides?

ct

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Sat, Aug 20 2016 11:45 AM

@ Alan and the OP

To get off moderation, you need to ask Icon. He'll do it, as long as y'all ain't breaking too many rules ;-)

@ tjune

CC forum posts don't count towards getting off moderation. You have around 50 posts in the mains and the majority of them was similar bs as the one on page 1.

• Robert1893
    7,712 Posts
    Sat, Aug 20 2016 12:00 PM

tjune2016:
    just checked , i have 486 post and still being censored !!!   Who cares.

There's a difference between being moderated and being censored. My first 35 to 40 posts were moderated but never censored. Everything I wrote was posted.  

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Sat, Aug 20 2016 12:02 PM

mkrizan86:

@ tjune

CC forum posts don't count towards getting off moderation. You have around 50 posts in the mains and the majority of them was similar bs as the one on page 1.

Yeah..this chick sure has a lot of spunk (attitude?) considering she has been with wgt for only 5 months...at least officially.

• Robert1893
    7,712 Posts
    Sat, Aug 20 2016 12:05 PM

PhilEStein:
    Is it really that important in the great scheme of things I wonder? 

In the long, no, it's not that important. But in the long run, we're all dead, so little will find its way into the category of importance then. ;-) 

The moderation of posts makes it more difficult to have a "normal" online conversation because the posts of the person being moderated can experience significant delay in being posted. In other words, when it is posted, it was my experience that the post was put in the time order of when it was submitted, not approved. That means the post could be easily overlooked if others had posted to the thread while the moderated post was being reviewed.   

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sat, Aug 20 2016 1:48 PM

mkrizan86:

@ Alan and the OP

To get off moderation, you need to ask Icon. He'll do it, as long as y'all ain't breaking too many rules ;-)

mkrizan86:

@ tjune

I'm not especially proud of the fact but I agree with at least part of what she says Jure.  Probably just because I'm bolshie but I'll try for an explanation anyway.

It's like the thinking behind getting a kid to say they're sorry when they're not, mainly because they don't know what they've done beyond "annoy those in charge".

I'm put on moderation with no explanation, so left to work it out for myself.  If it was what I think most likely, pulling someone up for lying in attempt to make another look stupid, I'd probably do it again.

Add to this they've been reading my posts for the last 8/9 months so should know what they're like.

To ask to be forgiven for a "crime" that wasn't specified and I (probably) would commit again just seems daft and isn't going to happen.    They can check my rambling posts all they want.  If I ever did want to say something uncensored I could always put it in an edit, apparently I'm allowed to do that in this fair and well thought out system.  I hate editing previous posts though :-(

RSS