Help › Forums

Under moderation

rated by 0 users
Tue, Aug 23 2016 9:52 AM (32 replies)
  • DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sat, Aug 20 2016 2:30 PM

Robert1893:
    That means the post could be easily overlooked if others had posted to the thread while the moderated post was being reviewed.   

Another thing that often happens is someone not under moderation posts similar before the moderated one is passed but after it's written, and looks like they're parroting what's already been said when the moderated one is slotted in.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Sat, Aug 20 2016 4:20 PM

Any questions about moderation should be sent to our resident expert on it...Al (alaucin) can tell you anything you need to know and then some! LOL

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sat, Aug 20 2016 11:07 PM

fatdan:
    Al (alaucin) can tell you anything you need to know and then some! LOL

LMFAO.. So true, he takes moderation to a new level

• LuckySkreet
    611 Posts
    Sun, Aug 21 2016 2:19 AM

Earlier post.....    "1. Don't send a formal complaint about someone, if you have already handled it.,"....

I agree with this....   sorta.     If already handled, why  would a formal complaint be necessary?......  Perhaps it was not handled properly,  evidently running and crying to "mommy" only gets one placed into "time out"......

• browneyes1994
    317 Posts
    Sun, Aug 21 2016 3:10 AM

Mine are still being checked out, If you tell the truth the moderators black list you plain and simple.

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sun, Aug 21 2016 5:47 AM

alanti:

fatdan:
    Al (alaucin) can tell you anything you need to know and then some! LOL

LMFAO.. So true, he takes moderation to a new level

Yeah I agree, Andy definitely takes moderation to a new level and I'd ask him to chime in but I think he's still working on his tan somewhere in Spain.

MC

• tjune2016
    588 Posts
    Sun, Aug 21 2016 6:07 AM

I do not care anyway, as i said the mods pick and choose only the ones who don't speak out a lot.Will not loose any sleep over it, Far as i am concerned they can ban me from the forum.

• Robert1893
    7,712 Posts
    Sun, Aug 21 2016 10:07 AM

Paranoia strikes deep
    Into your life it will creep
    It starts when you're always afraid
    You step out of line, the man come and take you away 

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Sun, Aug 21 2016 10:12 AM

LuckySkreet:

Earlier post.....    "1. Don't send a formal complaint about someone, if you have already handled it.,"....

I agree with this....   sorta.     If already handled, why  would a formal complaint be necessary?......  Perhaps it was not handled properly,  evidently running and crying to "mommy" only gets one placed into "time out"......

This one was a different as the person threatened to "liquidate my account"?...I'm not computer literate enough to know if this can be done. Good hackers can do just about anything, it seems. 

So it wasn't a complaint to wgt, so much as a question...they read the thread and decided my strong defense was equal(?) to the original attack. That's why I also stated they don't care who starts it.

Note to everyone: Just be careful what you post and try to ignore the haters. I used to get flame baited a lot...so the 2 week break did me some good.

ct

Edit: I agree with Danny that it is poor form to run to the teachers. Handle it personally. If memory serves, I have never submitted anything to wgt about anyone (except above), and I have been ambushed a lot. WGT tends to throw the baby out with the bathwater... it's not the right thing to do, but it's certainly the easiest.

• TopShelf2010
    10,899 Posts
    Sun, Aug 21 2016 11:28 AM

RSS