Forums

Help › Forums

R11 Driver........

Tue, Mar 22 2011 2:44 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • borntobesting
    9,676 Posts
    Sun, Mar 20 2011 10:06 AM

The level 85 3 wood is awesome. great length but what makes it so good is its precision and high trajectory. And with the meter being close to the speed of the G10's it is fairly easy to ding it even with the Tour-SD balls I use when I run low on credits and can't afford to buy the Callaways. Pair the R11 3 wood with the Callaway s ball and you can land on and stay on many greens that you otherwise would go over. I even played a radical strategy this morning at Oakmont # 9 from the Championship tees. I drove with the 3 wood leaving another 3 wood to the green. It landed on the green and stopped sooner than any of my I 15 irons have. Even with that strategy though it left me with a very long hard big breaking downhill putt. That pin placement is just evil.

• Boomerboy44
    1,514 Posts
    Sun, Mar 20 2011 10:56 AM

borntobesting:

The level 85 3 wood is awesome. great length but what makes it so good is its precision and high trajectory. And with the meter being close to the speed of the G10's it is fairly easy to ding it even with the Tour-SD balls I use when I run low on credits and can't afford to buy the Callaways. Pair the R11 3 wood with the Callaway s ball and you can land on and stay on many greens that you otherwise would go over. I even played a radical strategy this morning at Oakmont # 9 from the Championship tees. I drove with the 3 wood leaving another 3 wood to the green. It landed on the green and stopped sooner than any of my I 15 irons have. Even with that strategy though it left me with a very long hard big breaking downhill putt. That pin placement is just evil.

Sounds like you are soon to be a LEGEND..............Good Luck!!!!

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Mon, Mar 21 2011 2:08 AM

MioKontic:

mantis0014:
    I'm on Level 88 with 398247 points

398,000!!!  I'm only on level 82 with 241,000.  So, that's about another 157,000.  At, say, 1500 points per day... that's 105 days, over 3 months! 

I'm about quarter through L88... so the 398,00 figure was a bit misleading, sorry...

Although..I have a terrible memory...lol, I think between L87-L88 it's about 20,000 maybe 25,000 points. Something silly like that. I was getting about 2000 points a day then. You might be able to do in a month or 2, can't remember what the earlier levels were set at.

GL

Roger

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Mon, Mar 21 2011 2:24 AM

borntobesting:

YankeeJim:

You're going to be disappointed, piz. The meter is slower than what you have now and doesn't match the i15s well. The distance is marginal, too, and with the higher loft the wind pushes it around a bit more. 

Maybe it's different at the Legend level but I doubt it. JMO (but I do have it.)

It may be slower Jim but so far I have had no problems matching up with my i15's. I shot my first double digit sub par round with the R11 and my ! 15's yesterday. -10 62 @ St.Andrews moderate winds and tournament green speeds not the usual low winds standard speeds that our CC usually has.If I hadn't had a brain dead moment on the green @ 17 and 4 putted for a double bogey it would have been a -12 60. I will admit with the tour-sd ball it is a little harder but with the Callaways it isn't too hard to hit the ding with all my clubs, Or maybe playing the Tour-SD balls has made me better player,  able to handle the meter better with all my club ad ball combos.

Great shooting BTB... 62 with a Double is fantastic. Make sure you forget about that double, otherwise it will be on your mind everytime you play the 17th.

I have the R11 Driver, L85 3 Wood and the I15's, using Callaways and have no problems with the matching of speeds. Actually the 3 wood speed is the slowest and I notice that. I like the slow meter speeds of the woods, I can see most of the meter spikes creeping up on ya....lol. The hardest part is getting to Level 88. The way I was playing yesterday, with the clubs,it looked like I was getting back to my glory days as a TM and that's scary. Now saying that today is another day.

Cheers

Roger

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Mon, Mar 21 2011 2:39 AM

mantis0014:
    Make sure you forget about that double, otherwise it will be on your mind everytime you play the 17th.

That pretty much guarantees it will be on his mind now.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Tue, Mar 22 2011 2:44 AM

Ok... the latest weekly/multi comp at Beth is off the Whites...Is that right for a legend?...hmmm. The R11 driver is way too long for that Tee... was using the R11 3 wood mostly of the Tees, which was really good on the 2nd hole at beth, depending on wind.

Alas, I had 4 birds, 3 boges(stupid shots), and 2 just missed birdie putts for the other 2 to finish with -1 hmmmm.... so I can see, the people playing off the whites are going to have a big party.

cheers

Roger

• PAGES
RSS