Forums

Help › Forums

Separate threads to foreign languages and...

rated by 0 users
Tue, Sep 20 2016 7:28 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • SamFrenum
    2 Posts
    Mon, Sep 19 2016 6:07 AM

a possibility to chat ingame.

These wishes i wanna come true.

Nothing is most boring, not to talk in other languages than english in forums.

And, as if its not as important as that, not to talk country clubs within, I am asking for a chat to each country club.

You will find, that more aktivity ingame would result in a higher shopping quote by whole community. Cause a negligible crowed reads the marks at each part of the shop. And no one would ever search between oodles of meaningless posts which every forum plainly is crowded with.

Or is there anybody using other kind of communication concurrently playin wgt?

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Mon, Sep 19 2016 2:31 PM

Let's see...Mandarin Chinese is the most commonly spoken language in the world...by a long way. This is followed by Spanish and then English.

If any, or all, of these three languages can be covered, then it should be good.

ps: German ranks 10th most spoken, but 4th among languages learned by non-Germans.

ct

• alosso
    21,054 Posts
    Mon, Sep 19 2016 2:49 PM

Wir können gerne Deutsch reden, zum Beispiel in meinem deutschsprachigen CC ;)

AFAIR, there are threads in Spanish, Italian and French in this forum, open a German thread and you may find enough Germans.

In general, communication tools are old-fashioned here, and they haven't changed in my five years here. When asked, WGT would point to third party means, and some are being used by player groups.

I have been involved in Skype and TeamSpeak talks, and there are chatrooms, too.

Have fun!

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Sep 20 2016 2:02 AM

pete3572:

The reason the main language spoken on here is English is probably because the Mods are dyslexic in all other languages.

Ahhhhh and here was me thinking it was because they only spoke in sign language......usually one finger in the air. 

That accounts for the consistent silence.

• alosso
    21,054 Posts
    Tue, Sep 20 2016 6:38 AM

alanti:
    one finger in the air
    What does this mean in sign language?

• petervcpt
    1,013 Posts
    Tue, Sep 20 2016 7:15 AM

alosso:

alanti:
    one finger in the air

Well, ya see, if it's your index finger and it's wet, you could be checking for wind direction.

If it's your index finger and it's dry, you could be asking for someone to acknowledge you.

If it's your little finger it probably means you're British and imitating Austin Powers.

If it's your middle finger, it could be that you're interpreting it as the Greek word katapygon

:-)

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Sep 20 2016 10:43 AM

alosso:

alanti:
    one finger in the air

It's the international distress signal.

Do it to strangers and they'll come running towards you.

• petervcpt
    1,013 Posts
    Tue, Sep 20 2016 10:56 AM

PaulTon:

alosso:

alanti:
    one finger in the air

It's the international distress signal.

Do it to strangers and they'll come running towards you.

Ignore the axes!

• PAGES
RSS