Forums

Help › Forums

Doncha just lovegolf

rated by 0 users
Fri, Oct 7 2016 2:22 AM (8 replies)
  • blindpugh
    433 Posts
    Thu, Oct 6 2016 3:19 AM

It was a sunny morning, a little before 8.00 am,on the first hole of a busy course,and I was beginning my pre- shot routine,vizualizingmy upcoming shot when a piercingvoice came over the clubhouse loudspeaker:"would the gentleman on the women's tee please back up to the men's tee!"

Isimply ignored the guy and kept concentrating,when once more the man yelled,"

wouldthe man on the women's tee please back up to the men's tee, please!" I finallys stopped turned cupped my hands and shouted back....."would the *** with the microphone kindly keep quietand let me playmy second shot!"

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Thu, Oct 6 2016 7:08 AM

LOL - just because I witnessed such shot today - alas on the 8th, at 1:30 pm, without further public.

It earned me and two other lads in the group a beer, because a "Lady" comes with that fine here.

• blindpugh
    433 Posts
    Thu, Oct 6 2016 9:30 AM

Love it Alosso, you have to laugh....or maybe cry.

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Thu, Oct 6 2016 9:37 AM

We chuckled and dreamt of the beer, but one sweared! Add to his "fun" that the second "tee" shot didn't find the FW and he struggled once more from short rough :(

• petervcpt
    1,013 Posts
    Thu, Oct 6 2016 10:50 AM

LMAO!

I've heard it before but I never stop laughing each time I read it :-)

Good one mate!

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Oct 6 2016 2:34 PM

LOL great stories.

I was once invited to a mates golf club.......the first tee had a fence alongside the tee to stop a shanked shot hitting the green to the right....odd I thought, who would shank a ball that badly.

I teed off, down the middle and was fine, my mate did the same. The third person in the group hit the upright and the ball rebounded backwards 50 yards. It was the first time I had seen someone play his second further back.

He was not a bad player and tried to play to the right as it took a creek out of play coming in from that side....but got burned.

It was a permanent fixture so he had to play it as it lay. I have hit trees and gone backwards, but that was a first.

Not sure which would have been more embarrassing lol.

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Thu, Oct 6 2016 2:58 PM

Strange things can happen!

Once the ad for a driver convinced me to buy it at a good reduced price, but I had to drive quite a bit to a distant Pro Shop (my direction anyway). So I bought it "on the fly", then went on a round on that course. (Why didn't I arrange for a try-out first?)

First track has an impressive hedge on the left, and, earlier, I've lost a ball there with a hook. This time, first shot with my new baby, I tee up with no fear and rip it off, straight along the hedge, just a tad longer than I thought - can't avoid the rough on the opposite side of the dogleg :(

It was the beginning of a long-lasting love!

And then there was the unnamed guy (earlier, with a different driver) who buried three consecutive balls in a pond in front of the first tee of a well-known "close-to-home" course - ten yards from the tee markers!

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Oct 6 2016 4:03 PM

alosso:
    And then there was the unnamed guy (earlier, with a different driver) who buried three consecutive balls in a pond in front of the first tee of a well-known "close-to-home" course - ten yards from the tee markers!

LOL reminds me of my first ever game of golf as a teenager playing with three mates. Public course with a lot of people waiting to tee off...intimidating.

Tee shot on the first, dead straight good loft, near on damned perfect......easy game.

Well that was the last shot I got airborne for at least 3 or 4 holes.

But there was a hole on the back 9, pond in front of the tee....maybe 20 yards in front.

Splash, Splash, Splash.......the third ball in there I said F!@ it, took my trainers off....and proceeded to go into the pond looking for my balls. Mates were laughing hard...rolling around laughing even.....apparently my third ball skimmed off the water and was down the fairway....not long but dry.

First game was 100+ but memorable for 2 holes...one for the wrong reasons.

As for trialling new clubs, highly recommended lol.

• blindpugh
    433 Posts
    Fri, Oct 7 2016 2:22 AM

Love them all, you just cant beat a good funny golfing tale.  \@@/

RSS