Forums

Help › Forums

Laws of Physics???????

rated by 0 users
Wed, Oct 12 2016 11:44 PM (9 replies)
  • dave5487
    19 Posts
    Tue, Oct 11 2016 10:56 AM

When I moved up to legend a few weeks ago,everything has changed for the worse.My irons do not get the yardage that I shoot for e.g.I shot my 120 club the hole is 124 and the shot went 135 with a 7to9 cross wind.This is only one of many examples that I have been trying to over come how WGT breaks the laws of physics on shooting golf...My conclusion is that WGT has control of my game and I do not.I have spent good money on this site,but I feel I'm being played for a fool.WGT has put a JINX on me an I would like to Why???

• dchallenger
    545 Posts
    Tue, Oct 11 2016 8:04 PM

Simple.  It is your punishment for posting under the incorrect catagory.  Or, were you introducing your inabilities to the WGT community?

• Lutjanid
    697 Posts
    Tue, Oct 11 2016 10:42 PM

Could be the hole was well below you and played shorter. Could be you are using a new ball with a higher distance rating, thus making your ball go further. Every now and again I forget to slide the dot down and the ball goes 10 yards further.

Everyone has these kind of head scratching moments, it's golf after all and not Ten Pin Bowling or Darts. There are mysteries about the game that elude us all, both in real life and on this platform.

Keep playing and keep learning things every round. There are inconsistencies throughout the game, but in saying that they are consistent in that fact. Some holes play longer, some play shorter. Some putts break more and indeed less than they look they will. The more you play and pay attention, with good note taking, the more you will come to understand the game.

Good luck and happy clicking mate. Remember this is a "fun" game. Should you at anytime feel like your not enjoying yourself and the challenge then perhaps have a break for a while and come back refreshed.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Oct 12 2016 1:21 AM

dchallenger:

Simple.  It is your punishment for posting under the incorrect catagory.  Or, were you introducing your inabilities to the WGT community?

LOL someone has had a bad day.

To the OP (and not exactly an introduction) your exposure to legend tier has shown your inability to master the game.

Looking at your score history and stats, you were not really ready for the promotion as you got there by churning out the rounds and slowly whittling away your "average".

The game is not targeting you, but the additional distances on approaches are a shock if you are not prepared for it.

Hitting a ball 135 yards is possible and despite the club being "rated at 120 does not necessarily break the laws of physics.

Many factors apart from wind come into play - spin and elevations are the biggest factors. I often play a 120 rated club, top spin to achieve 126 yards with no elevation. If the shot is downhill this is further.....and the roll out particularly if the ball hits a down slope will take this much further. Not rocket science, that is the laws of physics.

The fact you hit less than 66% of GIR and save par 33% of the time means you will always have bogeys frequently, especially when your 1 putt percentage is less than 30%.. 

Now you are playing from the car park, it will only highlight this. 

You have top equipment so I am not sure whether your problems are co-ordination or you have never really taken the time to learn the game. If it is the first, perhaps a Max ball may help, if it is the latter, as you are level 99, I am not sure if you are willing to learn.

But providing you have fun and set your own targets, scores are irrelevant, but take my word, WGT is not out to get you.

• igolfdoyou1
    896 Posts
    Wed, Oct 12 2016 2:42 AM

@Dave,i would suggest getting all the same speed wedges and maybe a lesser spin ball for those irons,it took me a couple weeks of experimenting to get the right combo for myself,and yes,sometimes feels like shots are somewhat controlled at times but dont fret,youll get it fixed to your advantage..Pebbs``

• Bill19542
    169 Posts
    Wed, Oct 12 2016 3:02 AM

Strange things happen. The other day I had a 30 yarder to the pin from 25% rough and a 10mph head wind. I used my Max 60 wedge and hit for 38 yards FBS. the ball went 10 yards !

Another time off the tee I has a 20mph left to right crosss wind, I allowed for that, dinged the shot, and the ball flew off left into the forest!!!

All part of the WGT experience along with all the other little querks of the game.

• garyk49
    2,327 Posts
    Wed, Oct 12 2016 3:07 AM

Entirely possible.  To add to the above, if you missed the ding with the wind, it will carry farther. My 120 PW, can be used anywhere from 115-125, depending on what spin I use, this is at full swing.  That is before I even factor in wind, landing, or ball.

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Wed, Oct 12 2016 3:30 AM

I agree with the above posters.

But, most importantly, thank you for your service.

ct

• gherkinhead1
    246 Posts
    Wed, Oct 12 2016 4:16 AM

Perhaps you've been drinking alcohol.

• Bill19542
    169 Posts
    Wed, Oct 12 2016 11:44 PM

Perhaps I'm diabetic and haven't touched alcohol in over 15 years

Perhaps.

RSS