A gift from Cleveland (my home)

rated by 0 users
Sun, Nov 13 2016 3:33 PM (39 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Oct 29 2016 1:09 PM

BMX123:

Yankees buy World Championships 

LOL. Funny you say that because this year they blew up the team halfway through the season and still were in it the last week of the season with a fraction of the payroll. 2 pieces of that blowup are in the WS now making a huge difference for their respective teams. Teams that buy championships don't give away the house.

Heh, Cleveland didn't hesitate to mortgage the future for their shot. They even gave away their top prospect!! You think the Yankees would ever let Sanchez go for a middle reliever? Cleveland did with Frazier. So did the Cubs for a guy that wants to be back in NY next year.The Yankees thank them for their youth contribution.  :-)

Funny how money works when there's a ring involved. 

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Sat, Oct 29 2016 2:53 PM

BMX123:

lee22sharon:
    We, from columbus,  were told that the governor gave cleveland to canada and they wouldn't take it unless we put the fire out and paid them big money.

I took that as trash talking as if the city is not worth the connection to those that live in southern Ohio.

correct that to the capitol city, central ohio, not a suburb or canada.  and the river did burn.....

my nickle.

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Sat, Oct 29 2016 3:16 PM

Canada has often been referred to as the 51st state (much to the chagrin of Puerto Rico)... but if the rivers are catching on fire, feel free to leave us out...lol

...also gonna take years for the Colorado river to recover from that disaster caused by the EPA. I imagine some heads rolled over that one.

ct

• BMX123
    631 Posts
    Sat, Oct 29 2016 6:27 PM

x

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Oct 30 2016 8:49 AM

BMX123:
    Andrew Miller is great

No question there and it was hard to watch him leave. Chapman, too. The game was a 6 inning affair with those 2 guys and Dellin Betances in the 7th, 8th and 9th. No-Run DMC is what they were called -Dellin-Miller-Chapman-because they held leads. Heh, the Yankees' problem was they couldn't get the lead enough. Hence the decision to part with the best bullpen in baseball and start building on what you could get for them.

I feel bad for Chicago because I doubt they're going to win game 6 in Cleveland, let alone take 2 from them there. They'll probably win tonight but Cleveland, the city, is in for a rocking good time next week. Fun to watch, I just wish they bring Bob Uecker in for something-1st pitch, guest announcer, anything. :-)

p.s., Chapman said he wanted to come back to NY in 2017. He's a free agent and with the big $ dropping off the Yankee's payroll, he'd be worth spending big $ on and I bet they do.

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Sun, Oct 30 2016 11:22 AM

The bottom line is the world series is decided on pitching...and chicago can't hit cleveland ...nobody can.

ct

• BMX123
    631 Posts
    Sun, Oct 30 2016 12:15 PM

x

• Dougie4042
    4,410 Posts
    Wed, Nov 2 2016 11:44 PM

My congratulations to the Cubbies on winning the World Series.  It is their first title since 19-ought-8!  Unreal.  And this coming from a Dodgers fan.

ct690911:
    The bottom line is the world series is decided on pitching...and chicago can't hit cleveland ...nobody can.

Yeah, well...

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Thu, Nov 3 2016 4:46 AM

Dougie4042:

My congratulations to the Cubbies on winning the World Series.  It is their first title since 19-ought-8!  Unreal.  And this coming from a Dodgers fan.

ct690911:

Yeah, well...

Apparently the Cubbies figured it out. Lots of drama in what turned out to be an excellent world series. OT in the 7th game?

The Indians sat down the Blue Jays to get there (Canada's only MLB team). Cleveland's pitching was unreal in that series...particularly their closer, with that wicked slider. 

Congrats to both teams for an excellent season... and for giving the fans their monies worth. Very rare these days.

ct

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Sun, Nov 13 2016 3:33 PM

lee22sharon:

BMX123:

lee22sharon:

people might admit they are from cleveland, but they won't admit the river caught fire!

We, from columbus,  were told that the governor gave cleveland to canada and they wouldn't take it unless we put the fire out and paid them big money.  my nickle.

Water is fine up here. Clevelands just collecting rings. Maybe Ohio State could do the same and stop losing .........................Penn State

i understand being a fan of a sport team, but i do not understand this ring thing.  unless you are a member of their organization you won't be getting one.  sounds like a case of male display envy, very much as 2 roosters. or peacocks.  can't help but laugh when i see grown men act so stupid about ball, or stick and ball sports.  grow up, get a hobby.  my nickle.

Gareth Bale (Real Madrid) just signed a 5 yr contract for 350,000 pound sterling per week... after taxes. Not too many hobbies pay that, Lee...lol

RSS