Forums

Help › Forums

Maximizing screen

rated by 0 users
Mon, Oct 31 2016 8:49 PM (5 replies)
  • millertime66
    2 Posts
    Fri, Oct 28 2016 10:50 AM

Hey, new to the forum but have been playing a while.  Just in the last few days, I can't maximize the screen on my game.  Anybody else?  Did this on laptop and desktop so it's not unique to one computer.  Also, VERY jumpy.  Thoughts?

• garyk49
    2,327 Posts
    Fri, Oct 28 2016 8:19 PM

Use your browser fullscreen, not WGT'S, will be smoother and clearer.

• borntobesting
    9,679 Posts
    Sat, Oct 29 2016 1:40 AM

garyk49:

Use your browser fullscreen, not WGT'S, will be smoother and clearer.

And in multiplayer rounds you have chat with your browser full screen but not WGT's full screen.

• garyk49
    2,327 Posts
    Sat, Oct 29 2016 4:58 AM

borntobesting:

And in multiplayer rounds you have chat with your browser full screen but not WGT's full screen.

Thank You for that info.  I did not know that as I never use WGT fullscreen, but always play in fullscreen.

• millertime66
    2 Posts
    Mon, Oct 31 2016 12:25 PM

OK, I feel like a moron to ask but not following you.  When I log into the game, I'm full screen in my Mozilla browser.  When I click PLAY NOW, a new screen pops up which is the screen to actually play a game.

So, are you saying I should NOT maximize the screen that pops up? 

Appreciate your help.  I have always been able to maximize the play screen and I could click the buttons and the swing meter, etc... Lately, it's just off somehow and has become super jumpy and the click doesn't match my cursor.  weird...

• garyk49
    2,327 Posts
    Mon, Oct 31 2016 8:49 PM

millertime66:

OK, I feel like a moron to ask but not following you.  When I log into the game, I'm full screen in my Mozilla browser.  When I click PLAY NOW, a new screen pops up which is the screen to actually play a game.

So, are you saying I should NOT maximize the screen that pops up? 

Appreciate your help.  I have always been able to maximize the play screen and I could click the buttons and the swing meter, etc... Lately, it's just off somehow and has become super jumpy and the click doesn't match my cursor.  weird...

At the very least bookmark the game client page.  You can then go directly to the game client and not by using the play now button, then shut down all other open pages.  The only thing you need running is just the game client.

Maximize is using the middle button up in top right corner.  It will fill the screen from the taskbar up.  Your taskbar will still be visable and usable.  From what I just saw by doing, unless you maximize the screen the meter will be hidden behind your taskbar, meter will be unusable.  Might depend on browser settings for popup size, this is how my version of Chrome is.  Firefox works slightly different.  To the right of the speaker icon in the lower right is the WGT fullscreen button. I used it and it still hid the meter behind the taskbar

All browsers have a way to change to fullscreen(not a maximized windowed screen, which is what the button top right does)it will use your entire monitor screen and your taskbar will not be visable.  Most will use either the escape key or F11 to exit fullscreen.

Another difference is the bars to the left and right of the screen will be white in WGT full and black in browser full.

RSS