Forums

Help › Forums

New members..or are they??

Tue, Apr 5 2011 3:49 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • johnell1s
    20 Posts
    Mon, Apr 4 2011 12:40 PM

Hi, just played an amateur and he beat me without any problems, he joined yesterday (4/4/2011), knew all the jargon and flop shots were perfect, I have been here a year and it has taken me a long time to get to Master, can this guy really be a natural??..doubt it.I am not the best on here by a long way but sure WGT can fathom out if someone has rejoined or changed ID. Not a bad looser but I worked hard to get to my level by playing better players and learning skills, is there a short cut by rejoining as a hack whilst having learnt skills before????

• seanobrien
    296 Posts
    Mon, Apr 4 2011 12:52 PM

You need to send an email to members@wgt.com giving the username of this player.

I have seen a few lately in my country club and reported them to WGT.

The person I reported is still a member though. Typical WGT. It was obvious from the scores they were shooting with starter equipment after less than a month, that they were a multi-accounter. Basically they learn the game under one account, then create another account (hack) and play people with the advantage of the shorter hole distance.

Multi-Accounters are a pain. Basically if you are going to play someone for credits, go check out their page. See how long they are a member and what sort of scores they are shooting. If they look dodgy, don't play them

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Apr 4 2011 1:00 PM

seanobrien:
    The person I reported is still a member though. Typical WGT. It was obvious from the scores they were shooting with starter equipment after less than a month, that they were a multi-accounter.

Maybe yes, maybe no. What is typical of WGT is that they don't jump to conclusions. You haven't pointed out anything the player did wrong so what are they to do? You're probably right but probably doesn't cut it. 

Like Jack Webb used to say."Just the facts, ma'am."

• Fatherbrown
    282 Posts
    Mon, Apr 4 2011 3:41 PM

Not in any offense of any type by far, but now as a memeber of WGT an still enjoying my golfing virtual experience.  I was guest playing WGT for a month and became a memeber and named the avatar, had some people even asking me am I a real preist.  I then wrote about my comings to WGT in my profile (check it out) over the past 5 months I've gamed up some skills but not enough to have beaten my newest club average scorer who just rejoined WGT, she's hack at 65.  But just an idea, experince comes to those who have done most of all and to other's were learning..Don't worry about it, it's just a game that in the end, we all enjoy spending time, money , chatting, posting, making new friends and GOLFING.  Thank you all, GOOD GAMING!

• WiredBullets
    103 Posts
    Mon, Apr 4 2011 4:11 PM

FatherBrown... what do you mean by "guest playing". Meaning you started an account to check it out and then once you got the hang of it a bit you created your "real" account.. or something else altogether. I was not aware you could "guest" play here...

• suncity28
    1,266 Posts
    Mon, Apr 4 2011 4:39 PM

Yes you can play as a guest on here & not open or start an account. or join WGT. 

A way of getting players to play try it out before they open an account. Just like plying a CD game on your PC at home don`t need to start an account or register to play Just put the CD in and away you go. Think it is only practice rounds only can not play with others more like trial play. Can not be called a multi account holder when you are not a member or don`t have an account.

Any scoring does not count as you are not a member of WGT  

I played as a guest for a month or so back in November - December  not really interested in starting an account or joining the game but got sick of using the hack clubs & wanted to try out the other clubs sets. (so I joined WGT)

When you come to this page or the home page & you don`t sign in to your account & hit the play now button you are taken to the game as a guest player. 

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Tue, Apr 5 2011 11:36 AM

YankeeJim:

seanobrien:
    The person I reported is still a member though. Typical WGT. It was obvious from the scores they were shooting with starter equipment after less than a month, that they were a multi-accounter.

Maybe yes, maybe no. What is typical of WGT is that they don't jump to conclusions. You haven't pointed out anything the player did wrong so what are they to do? You're probably right but probably doesn't cut it. 

Like Jack Webb used to say."Just the facts, ma'am."

Sean', Jim has hit the nail squarely. But, it sure does appear multi-accts has been running rampant lately.

Ahh yes Dragnet, great show. 8:30-9 pm Thursdays. 10-11pm, "there are 20 million stories in _ _ _ you have just seen one of them" Name the show ole man? hehe  

• johnell1s
    20 Posts
    Tue, Apr 5 2011 12:32 PM

Thanks for your reply, you comments have been noted.

• gene1022
    112 Posts
    Tue, Apr 5 2011 2:11 PM

The Naked City. :)

• Steelers75
    239 Posts
    Tue, Apr 5 2011 2:15 PM

Sandbaggers are out there for certain and will always be a problem.  However, according to WGT a lot of these "great playing" HACKS and Amateurs are from the now defunct "other website", which now directs people to WGT.  These "other website" players are coming in and consistently scoring very well as HACKS.  These players are legitimately experienced and their skill transfers over to WGT.

This does not mean that they are all legitimate accounts.  Suffice it to say that most of them are though.  I have come across a few multi-accounters.  All of them stated that they started a new account after the big change last September, woke up a Legend, and could not adapt.  I researched every old profile I was given and not one of them has played since starting the new account.  I've also played with half a dozen people so far that stated they came from the "other" website.

Bottom-line, unless you can prove someone has multiple accounts there's nothing WGT can or will do about it.

• PAGES
RSS