Forums

Help › Forums

What to gift the wife for xmas .

Wed, Nov 23 2016 2:58 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • craigswan
    31,550 Posts
    Tue, Nov 22 2016 6:49 AM

OK guys . This is mainly for the men in touch with their feminine side . Running out of ideas . Last year I got her a vacuum cleaner and rubber gloves but I reckon I only got an eight out of ten . This year I'm going for a nine . Any idea's .

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Tue, Nov 22 2016 8:52 AM

My wife is usually very practical and I struggle to get a more romantic gift for her. This year her "big ticket item" list I just finished buying were a replacement instant hot water dispenser for the kitchen sink (those things are amazing!) and a 14-gun security cabinet. Once again nothing like a weekend getaway or jewelry on the list.

How romantic do you want to get and what's the price range?

• Ducati916
    1,116 Posts
    Tue, Nov 22 2016 8:58 AM

I got mine a 3 year old Porsche Boxster and gave it to her early...because I always find that if I give her a gift I like, sooner or later it will end up being mine.....ahh...who the F am I kidding....none of it is mine...I'm just allowed temporary usage of things.

• WigerToods2010
    8,446 Posts
    Tue, Nov 22 2016 10:06 AM

This year my good lady will be receiving a chrome coated set of handcuffs as last year's set have gone rusty and are not up to the job of dealing with constantly being immersed in washing up liquid. I'll also be extending the length of the chain that tethers her to the kitchen sink - all heart me.

Luckily for me she doesn't read this stuff...

...else the above wouldn't be a surprise.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Tue, Nov 22 2016 10:31 AM

I still can't believe my wife went for this, but a few years back I suggested we buy stuff for ourselves and don't tell the other person.  The surprise would be seeing what we "got each other".  The kids had no idea and just thought Mom and Dad still got stuff from Santa. LOL

Now that both kids are old enough to know the truth about Santa, they still have no clue that the gifts between mom and dad are from each other. LOL  

We still hear,  "how do you guys know exactly what to buy each other?"  LOL

• adaputter
    1,954 Posts
    Tue, Nov 22 2016 10:44 AM

does your wife play wgt golf?

if not 

buy her the 400,000 credit golden putter

if she asks why you bought it  tell her

i thought about you while buying it

"ITS  THE THOUGHT COUNTS LOVE"

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Tue, Nov 22 2016 11:14 AM

when i ran out of "good" ideas i was in touch with an old childhood female friend who happened to own a styling salon.  she said to arrange a complete make over day.  this could be any number of things and could be tailored to fit my financial means.

i did so, with help from her friends suggesting what services i should purchase.  after it was all done, took 3 days because of her work schedule and conflicting appointments, she told me that those 3 days were very exciting and she was greatly surprized i did this.  she also mentioned that she felt and looked younger, all her workmates and friends were jealouse of this great gift, and she was getting hit on often!  (she was 62 at the time)

personally, i have never given a gift to her that pleased ME! as much.  she would talk about that experience to any one who would listen.  the expense was high, but she was so worth it.

this did not set well with my male family members and friends.  they were under great pressure! ha ha ha.  i told them all to open the wallet just once and be gratified forever.

hope this helps.  if not, just think outside the box.  my nickle.

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Tue, Nov 22 2016 11:43 AM

Da missus learned her culinary skills from her mother. Pot roast was the apparent "specialty". We were passing the large snake display at a zoo, and I fed a slice to a 33 ft giant Anaconda. 

This led to an emergency medical situation, resulting in the beast having it's stomach pumped. Da zoologists stated they had never heard a snake burp before...or look so pale. I found it odd, as it had just ingested a full grown cow with ease, I suggested several bottles of pepto, as this remedy had worked for other large carnivores who had sampled her cooking. I was told to expect a vet bill and letter from PETA...oi vey

Accordingly, I have volunteered the mother in law to become head chef for ISIS. I figure the terrorism will cease within a few days. I'm giving da missus a Xmas card full of restaurant coupons..:)

• petervcpt
    1,013 Posts
    Tue, Nov 22 2016 11:51 AM

lee22sharon:

when i ran out of "good" ideas i was in touch with an old childhood female friend who happened to own a styling salon.  she said to arrange a complete make over day.  this could be any number of things and could be tailored to fit my financial means.

i did so, with help from her friends suggesting what services i should purchase.  after it was all done, took 3 days because of her work schedule and conflicting appointments, she told me that those 3 days were very exciting and she was greatly surprized i did this.  she also mentioned that she felt and looked younger, all her workmates and friends were jealouse of this great gift, and she was getting hit on often!  (she was 62 at the time)

personally, i have never given a gift to her that pleased ME! as much.  she would talk about that experience to any one who would listen.  the expense was high, but she was so worth it.

this did not set well with my male family members and friends.  they were under great pressure! ha ha ha.  i told them all to open the wallet just once and be gratified forever.

hope this helps.  if not, just think outside the box.  my nickle.

An amazing post.

You sir, have just won the Internet.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Nov 22 2016 1:54 PM

lee22sharon:
    the expense was high, but she was so worth it.

This my friend sums it up.

Forget household appliances....if your missus wants or needs a vacuum for a present.....you deserve a kick up the backside for not getting one earlier!

I struggle but get ideas throughout the year. My issue is if I know she wants something.....I get it and give her an early birthday or Christmas pressy, then at Christmas or the birthday...I think what next?

It does get harder when we really want for very little and have become somewhat complacent.

But Lee is right, a day of pampering does wonders and is a great gift (rewarding both ways).

Key is something different - last year I purchased flights and accommodation flying out the next day for a 7 day vacation. This year I am still not sure.....but have never failed yet...just use imagination and know what she likes....

• PAGES
RSS