Forums

Help › Forums

Too much of a penalty.

rated by 0 users
Wed, Dec 14 2016 7:46 AM (27 replies)
  • Stan1684
    1 Posts
    Mon, Dec 5 2016 8:01 PM

Lets say you pick a three hold match to play on hte mobile app.  If it is the first round of the for your continuous day bonus I always us my country club pass for the day for that first round.  The proble is whne your opponent forfeits.  If he does so and even though you had no intention to forfeit, you lose  the use of the pass and have to buy another one and you always can never collect the bonus experience for that day.  This is just wrong.  I can not count the number of times that I have lost this experienc and the pass.  I am sure it is some where around 10 times in the past 45 days of continous play.  This has the be fixed immediately as it is way too much of a penalty for the one that did not forfiet.

• mathia14
    1,271 Posts
    Tue, Dec 6 2016 10:38 AM

You funny!!!

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Tue, Dec 6 2016 10:56 AM

(sequence of quotes altered)

Stan1684:
    you lose  the use of the pass and have to buy another one

1) You don't have to buy a pass,

1a) in general it's voluntary, and

1b) it's not necessary for the CDP bonus.

Stan1684:
    The proble is whne your opponent forfeits.

2) Multiplayer games (MP) bare a high risc of discons, but for a few months that has no longer had any backlash on the CDP - this is granted on the first "first tee shot" of the day (GMT timezone). But, the CDP may not be granted to some players in MPs. Anyway, you can still achieve the CDP bonus in the next (solo) game without buying a pass.

User's workaround for this subject: Start a solo game with your free CC pass at the appropriate time, play your first shot and quit the game. According to common knowledge, the CDP will be granted to you and to your CC.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Dec 6 2016 11:19 AM

alosso:

It is if you want your CC to get credit for the points and that's what his complaint is.

@Stan-Use your pass like you are for your CC BUT just play a single hole, practice mode if you want. IIRC, alosso pointed out a while ago that your CDP happens on the first stroke and as long as you finish the hole you should get your points.

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Tue, Dec 6 2016 12:22 PM

Regarding the small points available in the first days now, the streak is much more important than the XPs for one day.

YankeeJim:
    @Stan-Use your pass like you are for your CC BUT just play a single hole, practice mode if you want. IIRC, alosso pointed out a while ago that your CDP happens on the first stroke and as long as you finish the hole you should get your points.

IIRC, I wrote about the procedure just before your post:

Only one shot is necessary, no game or hole needs to be finished.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Dec 8 2016 1:16 AM

Heck when I saw the title, I thought someone had to face a firing squad........sheesh, if that is your biggest problem.....lol

Prudent advice given.....fail to heed that advice....no sympathy.

For the record, I think players that finish should get full XP regardless of how many finish.....but they are only points.

• borntobesting
    9,683 Posts
    Thu, Dec 8 2016 9:39 AM

YankeeJim:

alosso:

It is if you want your CC to get credit for the points and that's what his complaint is.

He is on mobile and the single hole option isn't  available on mobile. When at work I play a random 3 to get my consecutive day bonus. Before the change I was getting about 925 points doing this. Now with the extra points you more days I get something like 5700 points. The random 3 only takes around 5 minutes so you can do it just about anytime

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Thu, Dec 8 2016 10:09 AM

borntobesting:
    He is on mobile and the single hole option isn't  available on mobile. When at work I play a random 3 to get my consecutive day bonus.

alosso:

This is available on mobile, too, in many shades.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Dec 8 2016 11:58 AM

alosso:

That is only for the CDP. If you want your CC to get credit you have to finish whatever you started when using the pass.

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Thu, Dec 8 2016 12:59 PM

YankeeJim:
    alosso:

That is only for the CDP. If you want your CC to get credit you have to finish whatever you started when using the pass.

I beg to differ. The CDP is the subject from the OP, and with a pass, the CC will get the CDP XPs from that one shot, too, with all bonus %.

RSS