Forums

Help › Forums

"DISQUALIFIED WINNERS" READ IMPORTANT

rated by 0 users
Mon, Dec 26 2016 8:12 PM (3 replies)
  • Lambast
    5 Posts
    Sun, Dec 25 2016 5:38 PM

Having just lost my third game to a timed-out disqualified player, I am interested to know if this is just a glitch no-one has cared to question or a part of the actual game programme. To clarify what I mean I will use my last game.

For disqualified player read " D ".

4 players,  9 holes.   On hole 4 I was 3 shots clear, D timed-out took penalty.  Hole 8, I was 4 shots clear finished parr (sitting on E at this point), D was on +4 score of 35 (parr for course) after 3rd shot, he then let timer run out getting disqualified.

Finished last hole on bogey for +1 final score - still 3 shots clear of rest - when final placings screen came up D was sitting in 1st place with a parr  score.

By my understanding of the rules a disqualified player is given max' shots for all un-played holes yet this game provides the perfect loop-hole to victory.

Please help.

Lambast

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Mon, Dec 26 2016 1:10 PM

Lambast:
    By my understanding of the rules a disqualified player is given max' shots for all un-played holes

Where does this misinformation come from? It's wrong!

They stand at their strokes current when quitting,
    but the final display has no relevance at all. Search =>
    the forums for further information.

• Lambast
    5 Posts
    Mon, Dec 26 2016 2:58 PM

Next time you have a player disqualified in a round you are playing, take time at end to see final placings - which come up after final scorecard by which time most players have already left to lobby - not the scorecard.

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Mon, Dec 26 2016 8:12 PM

I know what the display is like, and I know that the wrong player is declared the winner. It still doesn't explain where your wrong information about "max shots" comes from, and it doesn't take away the dozens of times when we have explained the whereabouts - search for these posts! =>

RSS