Forums

Help › Forums

The most realistic golf game--Correction.

rated by 0 users
Mon, Apr 18 2011 10:46 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • PeterHopper
    1,315 Posts
    Fri, Apr 15 2011 11:46 AM

cruiser1:

Well I will say this, they need to fix the edge of the fairway on # 14 at ST A. the one where you have to go left in a headwind cause you can't clear the trouble hitting straight. Watched my brand new callaway roll up and just about stop in a round but it trickled just over the invisible OB line in the fairway and took my ball. Complained to  WGT about it but his response was "well its a risk -reward shot, my a$, yep it is and I  got screwed for hitting it in the fairway.    LMAO       THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED WGT

Agree with this. Feckin Risk Reward. Play heavy winds and this one is always in your face. Enough already. Where they say it is OB is bullcrap. I watched it. Expecting it to be a fairway shot it goues an few feet further and it is OB. Double bogey on that hole and my chance of earning well on thar RG gone. All because WGT have been unfair TWICE - 1. the headwind (always the bloody same 2. Some imaginary OB line that punishes a slight deviation when you are still hitting into a heavy wind.

• TarheelsRule
    5,551 Posts
    Fri, Apr 15 2011 12:12 PM

There are a few other spots that have this same issue but the one in question is the only one that is really unfair.  On 14 at St Andrews you have to lay up over there if the wind is bad or you hit a poor tee shot.

Regarding the balls.  I don't have any issue with weeds, burns, creeks, lakes, OB, etc. being a lost ball.  I don't agree that you would be able to find or retrieve those balls if you were playing there.  At Kiawah, I play there in real golf and I"m not going down into the weeds to find a golf ball.  Same at St Andrews, I'm not climbing down into a burn to get a ball that went in there and no one goes into the thistle there to look for balls, even your caddies don't go in there.

Most of the better players rarely lose balls.  The players who aren't good should learn to play the game using the free balls and then they wouldn't complain about it.  I don't have any pity for a amateur or pro playing the most expensive Callaways who complains because they can't get their ball out of the creek, lake, weeds, etc.

• snowy64
    67 Posts
    Sun, Apr 17 2011 4:22 AM

Try to send my caddy into the weeds to look for my lost ball and he said "No way all them snakes in there,"

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Apr 18 2011 10:46 AM

snowy64:

Try to send my caddy into the weeds to look for my lost ball and he said "No way all them snakes in there,"

..Huh?  What?...  Somebody called me?

• PAGES
RSS