Forums

Help › Forums

Celebrating Five Years On WGT!

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jan 22 2017 8:48 PM (30 replies)
  • Dougie4042
    4,410 Posts
    Sat, Jan 21 2017 1:31 PM

I love this game too much.  So, to mark the occasion, I will gift a sleeve of balls to the first person who responds to this thread.  Just name the type and level of ball you want.  Two stipulations.  First, you must have at least 250 ranked rounds under your belt.  Secondly, your response must be in the form of a complete sentence that includes proper spelling and punctuation.  I know, I know, I'm being silly, but some of you regulars in these here Forums (or fora) need to seriously repeat grammar school.  ;-)

• ostfriedel
    2,052 Posts
    Sat, Jan 21 2017 1:41 PM

Do I have to write it in english, Dougie?

By the way: The level 61 Nike 20XI-X RZN are my favorite balls.

• gdog8
    1,356 Posts
    Sat, Jan 21 2017 1:50 PM

• ScottHope
    10,351 Posts
    Sat, Jan 21 2017 2:22 PM

Yabba dabba Doooougie, oops, there goes my opportunity, lol.  ; )

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Sat, Jan 21 2017 2:39 PM

Congratulations, Dougie. It's good to see you haven't lost your enthusiasm. Here's hoping you can retain that enthusiasm in the years to come. I couldn't. 

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Sat, Jan 21 2017 2:42 PM

Full German command sentence with punctuation ad libitum:

Level 33 Callies, aber flott!!!!!!!!...

• craigswan
    31,550 Posts
    Sat, Jan 21 2017 2:44 PM

Can you use copy and paste dougie .

Dougie goes into a confessional box and says "Bless me father for I have sinned, I have been with a loose woman."
    The Priest says "is that you Dougie?"
    "Yes father, it is ."
    "Who was the woman you were with?"
    "I cannot tell you for I do not wish to sully her reputation."
    The priest asks "Was it Brenda O'Malley?"
    "No father."
    "Was it Fiona MacDonald?"
    "No father."
    "Was it Ann Brown?"
    "No father, I cannot tell you."
    The priest says, "I admire your perseverance  dougie but you must atone for your sins. Your penance will be five Our Fathers and four Hail Marys."
    Dougie  goes back to his pew and his buddy Sean slides over and asks "What happened?"
    Dougie  replies "I got five Our Fathers, four Hail Marys and three good leads."

• pmm711
    5,641 Posts
    Sat, Jan 21 2017 4:12 PM

Dougie4042:

I love this game too much.  So, to mark the occasion, I will gift a sleeve of balls to the first person who responds to this thread.  Just name the type and level of ball you want.  Two stipulations.  First, you must have at least 250 ranked rounds under your belt.  Secondly, your response must be in the form of a complete sentence that includes proper spelling and punctuation.  I know, I know, I'm being silly, but some of you regulars in these here Forms need to seriously repeat grammar school.  ;-)

I am not happy to inform you about this Dougie, but you used improper grammar in your post.  "Two stipulations." is not a complete sentence as it lacks a verb.  Plus, you even misspelled "Forums".  Please send me a sleeve of the Level 45 Callaway balls.

2,111 Posts
    Sat, Jan 21 2017 4:25 PM

Is that to be in the good old "Kings English", or in "Americanism"???

Phil

• Robert1893
    7,712 Posts
    Sat, Jan 21 2017 4:51 PM

Dougie4042:
     I know, I know, I'm being silly, but some of you regulars in these here Forms need to seriously repeat grammar school.  ;-)

First, the word "Forms" should not be capitalized. And second, the word should not be "Forms."

😀

And as a bonus: do you write "these here" as opposed to "those there"?

RSS