Forums

Help › Forums

Does a hole in 1 count if you have to stop your game?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Feb 10 2017 6:31 AM (9 replies)
  • Windframer
    364 Posts
    Wed, Feb 8 2017 8:48 AM

Reason I ask is because I had to log out when the HVAC guys turned my power off. I logged out instead of saving my game.

It's no big deal or anything, I was just wondering beause I don't see it in my profile. I did save the replay though

Thanks.

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Wed, Feb 8 2017 2:42 PM

Windframer:

Reason I ask is because I had to log out when the HVAC guys turned my power off. I logged out instead of saving my game.

It's no big deal or anything, I was just wondering beause I don't see it in my profile. I did save the replay though

Thanks.

A Hole In One only counts in your stats when it's from a Ranked Round.  If it was a ranked round then you should be able to continue the round when you log back in.  Finish the round and it will count in your stats.

• TjW11
    1,214 Posts
    Thu, Feb 9 2017 5:14 AM

True - it only counts in a RANKED round. But if you hit , " end game ", it will lose any record of the Hole In One.

If you were to just close the browser the option would be to " continue game " the next time you opened the Game window.

Too bad it didn't count , BUT NICE shot none the less !! Go get another 1 now.

• garyk49
    2,329 Posts
    Thu, Feb 9 2017 6:03 AM

+1 on the ranked, just remember a scored match play is also a ranked.  Just as most tournrys are treated at such.

If not mistaken, stats only get updated at the completion of a game,  You quit, or for any reason don't finish the game, none of what you did, will update.  Except of course, hits on balls, they happen everytime you hit, in real time.

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Thu, Feb 9 2017 6:34 AM

garyk49:
    +1 on the ranked, just remember a scored match play is also a ranked.

But a HIO wouldn't count as such, the same as MP performance doesn't count toward any other stat, like 1 putt %, GIR %, etc.

Regarding the original question. No, it won't count, if you don't funish the round, doesn't matter why it happened. All you get in that case are the XP points for the shots taken, that's it.

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Thu, Feb 9 2017 7:25 AM

garyk49:
    +1 on the ranked, just remember a scored match play is also a ranked.  Just as most tournrys are treated at such.

IBTD: Matches may be rated, but not ranked.

Only strokeplay games may be ranked, if not practice or tournament. Concerning stats and average, ranked and tournament rounds are considered equal, the difference is only in the wording of the FAQs.

OTOH, I can't remember any tournaments which aren't ranked - why do you say "most" tourneys?

• garyk49
    2,329 Posts
    Thu, Feb 9 2017 4:05 PM

mkrizan86:

But a HIO wouldn't count as such, the same as MP performance doesn't count toward any other stat, like 1 putt %, GIR %, etc.

My mistake then, I thought that in both strokeplay and match play, as long as it was not a practice round, it affected those stats.

alosso:

OTOH, I can't remember any tournaments which aren't ranked - why do you say "most" tourneys?

Think the most, i was referring to were, the current SOTW tourney, and some of Icon's wild ones.

If you are saturated they make no difference, to those that are not, it could make a BIG difference.

If those most are treated as practice then nothing updates, But come to think of it, I don't recall seeing the putting practice when on the greens and that is one of the  indications of a practice round. along with mulligans.

So maybe I should of just sat back and been quiet concerning these matters.

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Thu, Feb 9 2017 10:15 PM

garyk49:
    alosso:

Think the most, i was referring to were, the current SOTW tourney, and some of Icon's wild ones.

SOTW?

I didn't look for it in the "wild" ones, but there is a new class of tourneys that don't count: The CC "custom course" tourneys.

So, "most" or "many" is correct.

• garyk49
    2,329 Posts
    Fri, Feb 10 2017 6:05 AM

alosso:

SOTW?

Set Of The Week=SOTW,  Currently being played with Raptures, Ping Wedges and Anser Putter, and your ball of choice.

Tourney was generated by Icon, based on his thread.

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/447459.aspx

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Fri, Feb 10 2017 6:31 AM

Oh vey - new abbrev. to learn!

Thanks!

RSS