Forums

Help › Forums

sadly disappointed

Thu, Feb 9 2017 4:18 PM (24 replies)
  • SmillerTim3
    16 Posts
    Wed, Feb 8 2017 3:26 PM

Hey guys, I'm looking for some solid advice, please leave the childish remarks out. I've been playing the game for a long time, albeit new to the forum, I'm learning a lot as I go still, but am having a hard time with some things. One of the things is, I spent a fair bit of money on the game, which I normally don't do, but thought if I'm going to play for a while and I like it might as well. So I bought some clubs which I presumed would see me through, however I am finding that I want to upgrade them as my level increases but the return I get is below minimal, very disappointing. I'm not going to spend hundreds of dollars on a video game. So my question is; is there a way that I can upgrade to better clubs without spending any more real money, is there a way I can gain chips without spending money? Thanks for any tips you can give me to progress. Cheers.

• Davemuck63
    303 Posts
    Wed, Feb 8 2017 7:07 PM

For what it's worth, watch the videos and do the free surveys daily.  It might take a while to build up enough for new clubs but it's free.

Dave

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Feb 8 2017 7:16 PM

Welcome to the forums.

I found myself in the same position and thought people would be bonkers to spend real money on pixelated clubs.

I hit master with all starters kit.......the game become impossible to score well so I had a choice, spend or leave.

I chose to stay and I still like the game, and I did not regret spending real money as for me, it is a cheap form of entertainment, thus good value. Add to that, I control what I spend.

But my advice is be prudent - upgrading too early or purchasing inferior equipment is expensive and unnecessary.

It depends what you want out of the game, better scores do require level appropriate equipment....which means money....or time (see below).

If you just want fun what you have is OK, although personally I would choose another wedge over a hybrid. Where this game can get expensive is in balls - they wear out and can be pricy, but a low level ball at 65c a sleeve is manageable and make a difference.

But at the top of this page is a link called GetCredits. You can earn credits via offers, watching videos or doing surveys if they are available to you, and you have the time and fortitude to do them. So yes you can play the game and upgrade without spending a dime.

Many players have, and depending on where in Canada you are may have a bearing on that success.

Again, this game is pretty good value, and as clubs never wear out, a really good set would set you up. How you fund that is up to you....and wait as long as you can to do so....have fun in the meantime.

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Wed, Feb 8 2017 7:19 PM

I've looked at your kit and you certainly haven't spent hundreds if dollars. But we all know the exchange rate is tough. That said, Dave is correct that watching endless surveys is really the only other way to safely build credits.  People do play for them, but no guarantee you will win.

Also, because you live outside the USA, surveys are limited. 

Perhaps take advantage of the two charities we have each year...July and December. Many gifts are bestowed during this time.

Finally, you could pose the same question in your CC forum.  CC members have been known to help one another.

ct

• dchallenger
    545 Posts
    Wed, Feb 8 2017 7:37 PM

SmillerTim3:
    So my question is; is there a way that I can upgrade to better clubs without spending any more real money, is there a way I can gain chips without spending money? Thanks for any tips you can give me to progress. Cheers.

Simply put; get good enough with what you have and get other people to pay your way by winning challenges.  Many have and are doing just that.

As in real life, if you don't have the skills to do it yourself, pull out the ol' pocketbook and buy the skills.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Feb 8 2017 8:12 PM

dchallenger:
    Simply put; get good enough with what you have and get other people to pay your way by winning challenges.

Poor advice with low level equipment. And then add the sandbaggers and multi-accounters out there really poor advice. It might work for some, but very few.....

I remember one great character in here, called himself a bottom feeder - scraping enough to get by in RG's....sounds a little like DC too.

• dchallenger
    545 Posts
    Wed, Feb 8 2017 9:19 PM

alanti:
    Poor advice

Great advice!   I wouldn't've given it if i couldn't be done. However, you were correct: Most can not. So, YOUR advice is to spend your money on the best equipment and somebody will come along STILL take your credits. Yeah...THAT's the ticket!  Don't take the FREEway. Take the TOLLway.

Truth is...SOMEbody has to keep WGT's lights on.  Thanks, alanti !

• Duckster789
    534 Posts
    Wed, Feb 8 2017 9:44 PM

SmillerTim3:

Hey guys, I'm looking for some solid advice, please leave the childish remarks out. I've been playing the game for a long time, albeit new to the forum, I'm learning a lot as I go still, but am having a hard time with some things. One of the things is, I spent a fair bit of money on the game, which I normally don't do, but thought if I'm going to play for a while and I like it might as well. So I bought some clubs which I presumed would see me through, however I am finding that I want to upgrade them as my level increases but the return I get is below minimal, very disappointing. I'm not going to spend hundreds of dollars on a video game. So my question is; is there a way that I can upgrade to better clubs without spending any more real money, is there a way I can gain chips without spending money? Thanks for any tips you can give me to progress. Cheers.

From Hack to Master in 4 months.... and you are complaining?

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Feb 8 2017 10:28 PM

dchallenger:
    However, you were correct: Most can not

There you go....most can not.

So you are offering advice that is only for a small minority....either players that have exceptional skills like you obviously have, or are sandbagging....or alternatively players that cherry pick their opponents.

That is indeed a better ticket, not., I do like it when players take the high ground because they are superior. To be honest, with that attitude I am surprised you do not play with the starters kit and still wipe the floor clean. Then what makes your advice even more remarkable, despite pretty good equipment, you are still an average score legend. Perhaps you too are one of those baggers.

I did not tell the OP to upgrade and spend, I gave him choices which work for most players, and it was a balanced post. If you you failed to understand what I posted, you obviously have a lower intellect that I thought.....and that is saying something. Speaking of lights, your are as dim as a burnt out light-bulb.

Carry on giving bad advice if you wish, but hopefully there will be other advice so the player can then make an informed choice.

• PhilEStein
    1,269 Posts
    Wed, Feb 8 2017 11:03 PM

Hang on DC. Nowhere did Alan suggest the OP buy his way through tiers. The only person to do so was you. So you make a crass statement and then unashamedly blame someone else for doing so. You're some flower you are.

Challenger my foot. You couldn't mount a challenge in a two horse race.

RSS