Forums

Help › Forums

sadly disappointed

Thu, Feb 9 2017 4:18 PM (24 replies)
  • phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Wed, Feb 8 2017 11:07 PM

PhilEStein:

Challenger my foot. You couldn't mount a challenge in a two horse race.

Perhaps it's a reference to the Space Shuttle by that name.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Feb 8 2017 11:18 PM

phred952:
    Perhaps it's a reference to the Space Shuttle by that name.

I wondered that in the past, which would be pretty cool. 

But the way I see his posts, they just rupture and explode, like that ill fated last flight.

• craigswan
    31,532 Posts
    Thu, Feb 9 2017 1:42 AM

Keeping the lights on .

I get the point . The people spending their good money here are keeping this game going .

I am one of those pariah's  like Lonnie who spend nothing but quietly through perserverance make their way up to legend or above  . A bit like the tortoise and the hare .

I admit the spenders give me free enjoyment but I choose to spend my money on holidays , fast cars and a pension .

Anyway to the op - just play lots and you will find the more you play the better you become .

Good equipment helps but is not necessary.  I can birdie every hole with my starter balls just not on the same round unfortunately .

Have fun out there .

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Thu, Feb 9 2017 2:52 AM

craigswan:
    I choose to spend my money on holidays , fast cars and a pension .

Haven't bothered with the pension bit but.....

SPOT ON PRIORITIES otherwise !!

;-))

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Thu, Feb 9 2017 3:01 AM

What you say is mostly sensible and true, just one thing I don't agree with.

craigswan:
    I admit the spenders give me free enjoyment

They don't; as you don't spend money or win credits then you must watch ad's or do surveys.  That work pays for your enjoyment. 

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Thu, Feb 9 2017 3:46 AM

OP, owner of your club Gary will be able to give you lots of advice.

You`re above level 80 now so advice i can give is too late.

Anyone out there changing clubs when say, level 40s, then again when 50s and so on all the way is crazy.

Set of various when level 30 or so, change em when hit Legend around 60/70 and keep them till the 90s. There`s a ghost putter at around level 20 that should be enough to see folk through to late 70 or 80 level, but some will just keep changing and getting their quarter back on trade.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Feb 9 2017 5:02 AM

Since joining WGT back in 2010 I have contributed over 2k of my own real money. I can't do this now. I spent more money buying clubs and balls for other members than I spent on myself. This gave me a warm and fuzzy feeling to help others. The amazing part of the members on here is the generosity of so many. Almost every club I am using now has been gifted to me. I never asked for these in any way shape or form. The new irons I am using now were gifted to me 2 weeks ago by a player who wasn't even on my friends list. I guess the secret is be nice, be honest (always), accept friend invites. You never know what can happen here. I have found myself the last couple months doing the surveys to buy balls. Some surveys work and some do not. I wish I could just add 50.00 or 100.00 on my credit card like before but this is no longer possible. Do the best you can and upgrade when it will benefit you the most.

SquirrelNutz

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Thu, Feb 9 2017 5:33 AM

renniw52:
    I have found myself the last couple months doing the surveys to buy balls.

Rich,

Take a break from the surveys and check your bag. Those should keep you going for a while.

As the two worst legends on WGT, maybe we could get a game in this weekend.

MC

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Thu, Feb 9 2017 5:47 AM

Tim, I realize the game is exciting to a new player such as yourself,and can become quite addictive. Several things to note: four months is not a long time here at WGT. There are people who have been playing seven and eight years. As you play, you move up levels which are based on experience points (XP's).  You are now nearing the point where it will take longer to move from level to level. You are also nearing the point where you will need more ranked round to move to the next tier.

This is where choosing equipment becomes a challenge. The question of equipment benefits versus what is needed at the next tier and what is available several levels above your current level starts to impact your wallet.  You belong to an excellent club with an owner who is more than willing to give advice. As previously mentioned, think about dumping the hybrid and using a 3rd wedge. Gary most likely would agree.

Free credits are an issue, especially for players living in countries other than the US. If you have a smart phone, use the WGT app to get credits from watching videos while doing things like watching television. Do the 7 videos on carousel every day. While each of these videos is worth less than one credit, by the end of a year you have gotten 1916 credits. There are offers that vendors make that require a purchase, but if it is something that you want and need it is a win win situation. I personally purchased a bicycle pump and a pair of shoes and got credits as well.  You need to mine the free credit pages very carefully, which takes time, but keeps your money in your wallet.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Feb 9 2017 5:57 AM

SmillerTim3:
    So my question is; is there a way that I can upgrade to better clubs without spending any more real money, is there a way I can gain chips without spending money?

Look up LonnieScott, a level 103 Champion that hasn't spent a dime of his own money on this game.

RSS