Forums

Help › Forums

What winnings make up the Earnings Leaderboard?

rated by 0 users
Tue, May 3 2011 3:46 PM (9 replies)
  • PeterHopper
    1,315 Posts
    Fri, Apr 22 2011 6:07 PM

I play stacks of RGs and can't scratch the surface. Okay, I lose more than I win, but occasionally get 100, 200 or 300 credits.

However, I note the top players have earnings in the 100s. 

So, what makes up those earnings. MPCs?

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Fri, Apr 22 2011 6:10 PM

PeterHopper:

I play stacks of RGs and can't scratch the surface. Okay, I lose more than I win, but occasionally get 100, 200 or 300 credits.

However, I note the top players have earnings in the 100s. 

So, what makes up those earnings. MPCs?

90% rg's. other 10% premium monthly/weekly/multi-rounders

when I won august/september #1 place in leaderboard, I did 400+ rg's a month.

-wgticon

• PeterHopper
    1,315 Posts
    Fri, Apr 22 2011 6:22 PM

Cheers Icon.

LOL. Thats 11 a day. LOL.

On good days I get through 6 or 7. Some days I am lucky to do 1. Plus you have to score well in them

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Apr 22 2011 6:23 PM

I think Social Club earnings come into it too

-Roger

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Fri, Apr 22 2011 7:06 PM

mantis0014:

I think Social Club earnings come into it too

-Roger

SOCIAL CLUB!!!!!   So that's the angle all these guys are playing as LADIES.

Your busted Ice'  LOL

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sat, Apr 23 2011 12:40 AM

PeterHopper:

Cheers Icon.

LOL. Thats 11 a day. LOL.

On good days I get through 6 or 7. Some days I am lucky to do 1. Plus you have to score well in them

Ya, it's more like 13-15 a day. In august I was $1000 mark just doing rg's

so, it was like this: 1000$ winnings - $415 entree fees and likely $30-40 in balls.

But let me tell you, I had alarm set at 7am, register for all, sleep, play 7-8 12-5, then register for other 7-8 at 7pm and play 7-8 again until 1-2am.

In the end, it was a fun thing to do just for experience and know. I also didnt really try to make every putt, it was more hit and make. if it's a 30fter... well dont make a bogey and move on.

I had streaks like 58 57 59 on 18's in a row but then 33, 32, 34 in 9's...

-wgticon

• PeterHopper
    1,315 Posts
    Mon, May 2 2011 3:07 PM

BUMP.

Thought I'd give it a go in May. First day I got into the top 20 briefly on the leaderboard. Slipped to 50 something.

Can someone tell me how it is possible to rack up 340+ dollars in earnings in TWO days. Surely weekly comps etc. have only just started. Does May include credits earnt from end of April tournos? 

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Mon, May 2 2011 9:33 PM

PeterHopper:

BUMP.

Thought I'd give it a go in May. First day I got into the top 20 briefly on the leaderboard. Slipped to 50 something.

Can someone tell me how it is possible to rack up 340+ dollars in earnings in TWO days. Surely weekly comps etc. have only just started. Does May include credits earnt from end of April tournos? 

Those are likely premium tournaments winnings from march or april.

-wgticon

• PeterHopper
    1,315 Posts
    Tue, May 3 2011 10:34 AM

OK,

I don't enter those as a rule.

I'll be satisfied with a top 100 finish then.

Just to be clear. I am not interested in who earns what. I am interested in setting myself up against the best and getting more competitive. The earnings table is the only (current) way we can evaluate that.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Tue, May 3 2011 3:46 PM

PeterHopper:

OK,

I don't enter those as a rule.

I'll be satisfied with a top 100 finish then.

Just to be clear. I am not interested in who earns what. I am interested in setting myself up against the best and getting more competitive. The earnings table is the only (current) way we can evaluate that.

It's quite hard to evaluate who is the best. At any given time I can beat the best and be beaten by anyone else.

I think over 1 month rg earnings is a good way to determine who is the best/most consistent. Of course, it also depends who put most time in it, and that's a wild card.

Alas, as the real golf, there is no real way to determine who is the best because at any given time, any pro can likely beat another. I suspect golf is such sports where pure physical ability is not the most determining factor.

-wgticon

RSS