Win the clash

rated by 0 users
Mon, Apr 3 2017 2:51 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • BillyXXX
    372 Posts
    Sat, Feb 25 2017 3:48 AM

2017 / Feb / 25

The clash is going on. The Georgian in lead. How boaring is that. But Silver Dollar City High Stakes Club not far behind. My fingers crossed. Go Go Go.

F

• pmm711
    5,641 Posts
    Sat, Feb 25 2017 3:38 PM
    ^^^^^^^^
  • alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sat, Feb 25 2017 10:13 PM

pdb1:
    t is an event that a GR8 many people that belong to CC's have been able to connect with each other through . Play a hell of a lot of golf together .

The problem is they don't connect as it is all single play. A real CC match has a head to head encounter. thus forming friendships. And your clubmates take an active interest. The clashes are just another round that can be churned out, and regardless of the score, still helps the overall result.

I have no objection to the clashes, and people can make their own minds up about them, But commercially they are successful, but by alienating many players who will not play them as they are not based on skill or club size, they are only a fraction of the success they could have been.

Our club plays 0%, not by a decree, but by the individuals not choosing to play.

• drmoose
    3,538 Posts
    Sun, Feb 26 2017 4:46 AM

I had hoped that way before now these ill conceived circus acts wouldn't even be a distant memory. Yet, Barnum would be proud to realize his prophesy still holds true.

Doc :(

• BillyXXX
    372 Posts
    Thu, Mar 23 2017 6:00 AM

2017 / March / 23

Wow, Silver Dollar is in lead today.....hell is freezing over...lol

Go Go Go

F

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Thu, Mar 23 2017 10:05 AM

Well said Pdb1 ( Paul ) 

You are right ,Some of our members like the clash and some hate it ,   There lies the problem , Its not good for a country club to be divided ,  Every two weeks we have problems within the club due to the clashes ,  I find myself trying to keep the peace within the club , I have lost members because of the clashes  , Seems WGT does not consider the problems the CC events cause inside the clubs , They don't care !  

If they would change the format then more people would play and they would make more money , But No .  Its the same ol crap every two weeks , The Georgian wins ...  Its getting ridiculous .........

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Sun, Apr 2 2017 5:47 AM

The CC events do cause problems within our club , Like it or not , Some members feel everyone should play , Some members feel its a rip off and will never play , Someone posts a thread in the forum saying you should play , Someone responds saying no firkin way ..  Arguments get started and I have to play referee ,,  PROBLEMS !

I have posted a thread in our forum explaining our clash policy , ( Play if you want )  I don't take the clash serious but ill play a few times for fun , We finish in the top 50 ,  That's all good, I understand both sides of the story and I don't take sides .

The format could be better and the prize structure could be better , 4th place through 50th all get the same thing , It is what it is and we have to deal with it (every 2 weeks)  The outcome is always the same , We all know who will win .

Some club owners expect their members to play in the clash , Its an option in our club , I don't care either way , Some club owners require 10,000 XP points a month ( LOL )  Good luck with that .  Those club owners then remove people from their club, and those people think that all clubs are like that, and they don't want to join another club ,  Those club owners give us all a bad rap ,,  *** holes is what I think they are . LOL

Its a golf game , Have fun ...

• PAGES
RSS