Forums

Help › Forums

meter problems

Thu, Apr 28 2011 2:32 PM (6 replies)
  • lawman48
    3,147 Posts
    Sun, Apr 24 2011 8:16 AM

I have been a member of WGT for nearly two years now and it seems to me that the overall majority of complaints that are posted on these forums are about the meter, and what WGT are going to do about it. I hope that nothing is done. It's the sometimes unpredictability of the meter that makes this game more realistic. Things happen in real golf that even the players just can't explain. Rory McIlroy still does not know why suddenly on the back nine of the Masters his shots became so wayward. I've come to the conclusion that a vast majority of members will not be happy unless they are hitting every fairway down the middle, every green in regulation, and sinking there putts first time of asking. Well that just does not happen in reality, and if it started to happen on here then the game would become tedious. I reckon that 90% of my bad shots are down to my reflexes either being to slow or to fast, and also not judging the wind correctly. The meter issue is being used time and time again by players during games to cover up a multitude of mistakes that they are making, and for what ever reason will not admit it was there fault.

I like the game just the way it is, i am curious to know if anybody else feels the same way

• mohuyu
    891 Posts
    Sun, Apr 24 2011 8:23 AM

lawman48:
    I reckon that 90% of my bad shots are down to my reflexes either being to slow or to fast, and also not judging the wind correctly.

I'd like to purchase your machine :)

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Thu, Apr 28 2011 5:46 AM

lawman48:

The meter issue is being used time and time again by players during games to cover up a multitude of mistakes that they are making, and for what ever reason will not admit it was there fault.

I like the game just the way it is, i am curious to know if anybody else feels the same way

Really? So ya mean that noone has believed me when I've told'em that :

• "The wind blew the ball off the tee!"
    • "The sun was in mah eyes!"    and...
    • "Must've been a ladybug on mah line!"

meh!  :/

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Apr 28 2011 5:54 AM

lawman48:
    The meter issue is being used time and time again by players during games to cover up a multitude of mistakes that they are making, and for what ever reason will not admit it was there fault.

All the time. The only ones I believe are the ones where the ball goes 20 yds off the tee or something like that.

There's one Legend I used to play with that only plays SA and the first time his shot isn't perfect you got the meter call. Any other course his meter is unplayable by the third hole if he's losing.Heh-he stopped asking me to play when I called meter for him before he did. (Regular AS players will recognize the donkey.) :-D

• sixkiller
    1,147 Posts
    Thu, Apr 28 2011 8:21 AM

I can only conclude that you are mainly correct. The only way to judge the meter is by your own experience. I have always been 95% happy with my meter. We all get the occasional spike or quick stop, but in my opinion the meter card gets played way way to much!

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Thu, Apr 28 2011 1:55 PM

sixkiller:
    but in my opinion the meter card gets played way way to much!
    Card, hell.. most folks around here play the whole bloody deck!

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Thu, Apr 28 2011 2:32 PM

Well I may not be perfect to all,but I am perfect to me,and ya,90% or more of my bad shots and missed putts are self inflicted wounds.Given that intel,a perfect meter would probably disimprove my game.

Still doesn't explain why a 145 feets putt on StA 9 or 10 goes wayward,nor does it explain why I am even that far out...

Lizzie xx

RSS