Forums

Help › Forums

WGT It's OK

rated by 0 users
Mon, Mar 6 2017 1:47 AM (29 replies)
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Mar 1 2017 3:45 PM

You locked the Let's be Honest thread. No qualms here, too many trolls totally destroyed the original intent. The fact that a few broke the rules and discussed subjects that are against the rules is understandable. What isn't is the fact that WGT has violated the Constitution and has policed  the freedom of speech, you do not have that right as a business in the USA. I don't know how many of your staffers have served in the USA military to defend the rights this country was founded on. I would guess very few or none. If I am violating the rules with this post, then delete my account forever. I am not mad at all, just very complexed.

Renniw52. Rich, Squirrel NUTZ.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Mar 1 2017 3:46 PM

To my friends, please do not turn this thread into a Witch Hunt. Stay positive and on course.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Mar 1 2017 4:03 PM

Essentially  freedom of speech does not cover business, the employees or customers. If it was, imagine how brutal advertising would be........

WGT/TG set the rules and they are a condition of use. Breaking those rules is a clear violation and the company can do what they choose - it is perfectly legal.

What I do not understand, why were the posts not just deleted and warnings issued....or worse.

The mods are in a tough place, but to me consistency is so far removed.

This was not the smart play by WGT IMO.....but in all honesty.....the thread was so far off track for the last half of the thread - even Rich asked at times for WGT to can it.....

Edit - this is no attack on Rich, just the hard and fast facts of business. As Lonnie said, in real life you come across a fair share of idiots - on WGT this is the same.....

In hindsight, I am not disappointed that the thread is now locked - it can now lie within the content of WGT as a historical synopsis of the players who played the game....an insight into the players behind the screen- in that way it is a great snapshot of the time when the WGT community was probably at its best.

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Wed, Mar 1 2017 4:17 PM

renniw52:

You locked the Let's be Honest thread. No qualms here, too many trolls totally destroyed the original intent. The fact that a few broke the rules and discussed subjects that are against the rules is understandable. What isn't is the fact that WGT has violated the Constitution and has policed  the freedom of speech, you do not have that right as a business in the USA. I don't know how many of your staffers have served in the USA military to defend the rights this country was founded on. I would guess very few or none. If I am violating the rules with this post, then delete my account forever. I am not mad at all, just very complexed.

Renniw52. Rich, Squirrel NUTZ.

Sorry renniw but on this one you are wrong . WGT has the right to set the rules and regulations in regards to the forums and any other parts of this game accordingly . If you read the T/Cs you will see "Posting Guidelines" and they tell us the does and donts .

My father was a Marine as well as one of my uncles both served in Nam and another uncle was Air Force and I served in the Army . So please dont slander the Constitution and make such a huff over a thread in a game . As you stated they locked the thread because the trolls took it off topic . Dont blame WGT for that you blame the trolls they broke the rules and caused it to happen .

That thread ran for a very long time before it happened and sad to see it happen but thats the way it goes sometimes . Even in RL the idiots always come along and mess up a good thing . Quitting the game is not the answer as it will accomplish nothing at all . You backed away from the game once because of the trolls and what did it prove or accomplish ?

I dont know why you are complexed you know why the thread was locked . As well as what caused it . If WGT had felt that the initial thread was a violation then they would have shut it down a long time ago . If memory serves me correctly that thread was almost a year old . Sothis is one you have to takeon the chin as its not worth trying to challenge WGT over as they were and are in the right .

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Wed, Mar 1 2017 4:18 PM

Dear Winn 25 ,, It is OK Sir ,,   things change and time marches on ,  Old timers here have seen changes and lost Friends .  

Lets be Honest about the new age forum troll , two to many ,  

The fun in the forums that we once enjoyed and looked forward to every day has passed .

We still have Friends here . Lets just have fun and play the game that got us together for what it is . 

OPY

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Mar 1 2017 4:19 PM

Very true, seems wrong but true. We are all free bait.

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Wed, Mar 1 2017 6:24 PM

renniw52:

Very true, seems wrong but true. We are all free bait.

Original thread was just over 4 years old.  While it got off track at times, it never went so far that it couldn't recover, until that last few days or so.  There are other threads that have crossed the line and been locked, or pulled.  It will happen again if people aren't careful.  

We all know (or should know) the rules as to what subject matter is off limits.  There are other places available where those ideas can be expressed.  WGT makes it clear this is not one of them.  Just something to think about next time.  

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Wed, Mar 1 2017 7:18 PM

alanti:

What I do not understand, why were the posts not just deleted and warnings issued....or worse.

The mods are in a tough place, but to me consistency is so far removed.

The trouble here is that the mods are not allowed to fully "police" the forum. A website like this must have dedicated forum mods to correct ALL forum violations and preform forum maintenance ( Deleting post and Moving post where necessary) also keep threads on-track, close them when needed. 

Active moderation would go along way in educating forum posters on the daily Do's and Don'ts.

Of all the forums I have participated in,  WGT/TG is the worst. But I like playing the game.

RSS