Forums

Help › Forums

Can credits be given for lost balls when the meter is broken?

rated by 0 users
Wed, Apr 27 2011 3:52 PM (5 replies)
  • MagicBlueberry
    156 Posts
    Tue, Apr 26 2011 7:35 AM

On the 12th green at Kiawah, the meter jumped forward a huge amount resulting in a tee shot plunking into the water just a dozen yards off the tee. The game has been acting strangely all evening and it is not my internet connection. I probably should not have played and risked losing balls better saved for tournaments. 

Is there someone I can ask for credit? It is just one ball but it leaves a sour taste in my mouth that a game glitch is costing me money. If anyone can advise, thank you.

• griffygriff
    597 Posts
    Wed, Apr 27 2011 11:11 AM

Magic, most players lose a few balls a week because of the meter. Two days ago i was playing a friend who went OB 4 times on one hole using Calloway balls...( thats $4.00 worth). The meter sucks for most players and losing balls is just part of the game.

For a sour tasting mouth....gargle twice a day with TCP...or use free balls.

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Wed, Apr 27 2011 11:42 AM

griffygriff:

Magic, most players lose a few balls a week because of the meter. Two days ago i was playing a friend who went OB 4 times on one hole using Calloway balls...( thats $4.00 worth). The meter sucks for most players and losing balls is just part of the game.

For a sour tasting mouth....gargle twice a day with TCP...or use free balls.

Agreed, i think my record is 6 lost in 4 days. All callaways. What can you do? Gotta chew the fat sometimes.

• kev772
    25 Posts
    Wed, Apr 27 2011 11:45 AM

lets see if wgt will give you a answer on this

• EdwardRo
    191 Posts
    Wed, Apr 27 2011 2:47 PM

keep your cache cleaned and comp up to par, i found that when i removed most all my friends my meter problems went away at least 99%

• MagicBlueberry
    156 Posts
    Wed, Apr 27 2011 3:52 PM

Thank you for the responses. This happens to everyone who plays so it's something we all have to learn to deal with. You would think WGT would make it priority number one to tackle the meter issue. If it's going to cost a dollar a round in lost balls then I'll have to rethink playing.

RSS