Forums

Help › Forums

Enjoyment

rated by 0 users
Wed, Oct 5 2011 1:23 PM (6 replies)
  • nep1
    17 Posts
    Tue, Apr 26 2011 10:53 AM

I used to really like playing WGT and have so for more than a year and a half.  I tried hard to improve and finally made it to lrgrnd.  Since then it has been made harder to get a good score.  So much so that it has taken the fun out of playing.  I don'tplay very much now.  It just seems like work now.

• golfinut2
    66 Posts
    Tue, Apr 26 2011 11:35 AM

Who ever said golf was supposed to be easy. Don,t give up nep you will conquer this just like you did with everything to get to legend. Besides I am glad WGT changed the tier format for moving up. It appeared a few months ago that you could be legend in a very short period of time even though I feel some of those who did were not ready or fully qualified. No knocks on your acheivements but just keep pluggin away at it and the fun will return. I have played with you before, on legend grns, and you are a fine golfer. At least you had the grns figured out lol.

• sixkiller
    1,147 Posts
    Tue, Apr 26 2011 11:46 AM

It may be that you need to take a break for a week or two or even longer. You may experiencing a little "burn out", it has happened to a lot of players, including myself, lol. I reached a point where I thought I wasn't going to be able to improve my game any further. But in the last month I was able to shoot the best 9 hole and best 18 hole rounds I have ever been able to do! Hope this helps! Hitemstr8!

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, Apr 26 2011 1:20 PM

Breaks are good.

Trust me.

I know what I'm talking about.

Peace

• nep1
    17 Posts
    Wed, Apr 27 2011 11:42 AM

Thanks for your kind reply and good advice.

Neil

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Apr 27 2011 1:34 PM

Don't get down nep, if you need an ego booster give me a shout, after playing me you'll feel like the king of the course again. That goes for anybody on here, I'm always willing to help ya feel better. Just trying to do my part for the welfare of the community.

• nep1
    17 Posts
    Wed, Oct 5 2011 1:23 PM

Well, here it is.  Six months after saying a lot of the fun has been taken out of the game Nothing has changed for a 77 year old who used to shoot a decent gaqme and now struggles to make par.  I have good equipment and good golf balls, but the forgiveness in the equipment that is talked about is just not there.  Sometimes when I 'ding' a shot it still goes awry.  I'm not trying to be a star, but would just like to enjoy a round like I used to.  I think this used to be a really good game, but now something is definately not like real golf.  I used to think so and encouraged my friends to join. Well enough said.  I know there are others like me who don't mind spending a few bucks for an enjoyable pastime.  I hope someday it will all not be focussed on being the best and winning.  Maybe just enjoying. 

RSS