Forums

Help › Forums

Do you follow the bar or the stare at the white "ideal shot" line?

Mon, Jan 23 2012 5:11 AM (39 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Apr 27 2011 1:56 PM

zagraniczniak:
    The only 'swing thought' for me is a sense of which side I should miss on if I do end up missing the ding. 

This is bigger than you think. If you conceptualize the result you increase your chances of success. For instance, if wind is blowing to the left and you picture, in your mind's eye, missing the ding 1 or 2 pixels on the right it will help you do it.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Wed, Apr 27 2011 4:38 PM

gofbals:
    Watch the movement with the left eye.Focus your right eye on the center line.Just b4 your eyes cross hit the dam mouse with a hammer.Works everytime.

&

Boomerboy44:
    I use Yancy's dangle meter and whatnots. Take it all the way back holler fore ( scares the cat ) let er go wait a bit jab the mouse scream whatnots. Works most of the time....:-))

^^  LMFAO!!

• Spacklero
    386 Posts
    Thu, Apr 28 2011 4:35 AM

I stare at the perfect line till its all i can see, then imagine it extending upward over the entire screen. Then, when in a suitably zen like state, I power up the meter and hold for 2 seconds before releasing and making the hit. The swing is also accompanied by an audible tone in my head that increases as it approaches the ding line........I think I may have mental problems lol

• Tresclub
    934 Posts
    Thu, Apr 28 2011 10:12 PM

sixkiller:

Don't laugh, I use  a breathing technique i learned in sniper school, full back swing, deep breath, release swing, exhale with the meter to ding. Works for me!

same-o... same-o

• Jerm65
    1,413 Posts
    Sat, Apr 30 2011 9:05 AM

I use the same technique I do on a real course.....close my eyes and hope!

• gbarto
    141 Posts
    Fri, Dec 23 2011 8:15 PM

lol... ya know this works for me also...seems to really relax the whole body and increase chances of hitting the ding    every one should at least try it!!!

• skccvb
    799 Posts
    Wed, Dec 28 2011 3:24 PM

There is only one sure fire way to 'ding' it (or mis hit purposefully) and that is... second item, below; if you are not successful it is because:

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Dec 28 2011 6:59 PM

I focus on both. Many times focused on not hitting the white line, but working the wind and the green. Early hit or late hit.

• bittydog
    623 Posts
    Thu, Dec 29 2011 6:34 AM

gofbals:

zagraniczniak:

Koan of the day:

"Do you follow the bar or stare at the white 'ideal shot' line?"

Watch the movement with the left eye.Focus your right eye on the center line.Just b4 your eyes cross hit the dam mouse with a hammer.Works everytime.

LMAO!!!....

• dosed
    71 Posts
    Thu, Dec 29 2011 6:35 AM

You just gotta find a routine that works for you. Like the snipers were saying I personaly use breathing. Gotta think through your shot so that you don't worry about it when you start to swing. I usually follow the movement for a bit (somewhere between half way and 3/4 back) just to make sure it's not skipping then on the '"ding" bar. Just focus on the meter don't look at the avatar or the course when you start the swing, deep breath, let go slow exhale as the meter is moving and as you go to hit it sharp exhale, also more of a full body motion than just a finger or hand motion. That's what works for me.

RSS