Forums

Help › Forums

Level question .

rated by 0 users
Thu, Apr 28 2011 11:43 AM (4 replies)
  • craigswan
    31,545 Posts
    Tue, Apr 26 2011 1:27 PM

I usually come on here and play nine holes to gain my consecutive play points and then maybe a couple of closest to the hole games and gradually i have made level 80 .

I notice that some players who joined after me are well ahead of me in levels .How do they do this .Is it by playing many hours or do you gain more points for entering certain games or by spending money .

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Tue, Apr 26 2011 9:15 PM

Some people spend hours a day on here, probably when they should we working. There's no magic way to increase your level, only by hitting balls.

• MainzMan
    9,590 Posts
    Wed, Apr 27 2011 2:07 PM

If you're only playing one 9 hole round per day, that's a hell of a lot less experience than someone spending all day online and hitting 6 or 7 rounds of 18. You get more than twice as much for 18 than 9 and almost none for CTTH.  Only 14 if I remember right.

With your 9 holes, plus 2 CTTH and 880 consecutive play bonus you're probably getting less than 1,200. Make that 7 rounds of 18 and it's about 4,200, depending on how many shots you need per round of course.  A big difference.  Multiplayer games also give more experience.

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Wed, Apr 27 2011 2:45 PM

You know,it makes me so happy when a thread is so punctually correct.The bonus is that I agree as well,but I did think how hard it would be to try to punctuate "There be" in the same way as you would punctuate "There is".

Thrust being thrust however,and not wanting to divert any energy from the main one of this topic,it would be true to say that the more one plays,the more experience points one earns and as a diabolical side effect of bad play,one can earn a few more points by hitting ten on every hole.To paraphrase then,you cannot always get what you want,but if you try to be bad sometimes,you just might find,you get what you need.(Angels choir backing the vocals)

Lizzie xx

• MainzMan
    9,590 Posts
    Thu, Apr 28 2011 11:43 AM

I have to admit to being a bit of a fusspot about punctuation. Even chatting in a mulit I use capitals and apostrophes where appropriate most of the time.

And that fair maiden at the reception, how sweet to be the footloose gentleman at her feet. For twas indeed I, the Mainzer. 

Fond memories my dear, fond memories.

Actually, I'm lying. I was the waiter who fetched her her glass of wine. And the stingy cow didn't even bloody tip me!

RSS