5,641 Posts
    Sun, Mar 12 2017 11:32 AM

alosso:

Wow...this was fantastic.  LMFAO

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Mar 12 2017 7:08 PM

alosso:

Sorry, I don't do Google........is there another way? Technology is too much for an old timer like me......Preferably an easy way......

And I am sitting on 1 consecutive days played......but all hell will break out if I lose my streak, just because WGT made me!

• alosso
    21,056 Posts
    Sun, Mar 12 2017 11:50 PM

Encyclopaedia - they used to have 20 volumes and outdate...
    ... you only must know reading or know someone who can read...

or, from the "Millionaire" quiz show, a telephone joker?

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Mar 13 2017 1:10 AM

alosso:

Encyclopaedia - they used to have 20 volumes and outdate...
    ... you only must know reading or know someone who can read...

or, from the "Millionaire" quiz show, a telephone joker?

Gee.....encyclopedias.......I was having a clear out.....but could not throw those relics out.....as outdated as they are.....it is like a time stamp where time froze, but I digress......

Indeed I have a problem reading........but my dog has picked it up quite well, albeit phonetically and sometimes the dog gets sidetracked, especially when it reads about food.....

Paul, can I use you as "phone a friend".........

• alosso
    21,056 Posts
    Mon, Mar 13 2017 1:17 AM

alanti:
    Paul, can I use you as "phone a friend".........

Any time you see me green.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Mon, Mar 13 2017 8:19 AM

YankeeJim:

You watch, somebody will lose their CDP. LOL  Happens every year. Let the confusion begin.  :-D

LOL   I was one this year.   I knew it was coming but would have lost the streak even without the time change.  Just had some family time stuff going on this weekend.

I'm so bummed out now.  ;-)  

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Mon, Mar 13 2017 8:30 AM

What are you all saying? My 400 lb shelf of Britannicas are no good anymore. I worked my butt off to get one a month at the A&P grocery store. Even have the world atlas as a kicker.

• mathia14
    1,271 Posts
    Mon, Mar 13 2017 9:42 AM

renniw52:

What are you all saying? My 400 lb shelf of Britannicas are no good anymore. I worked my butt off to get one a month at the A&P grocery store. Even have the world atlas as a kicker.

Wasn't it the A&P that gave out S&H green stamps?   Damn am I old. :(

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Mar 13 2017 12:33 PM

renniw52:
    What are you all saying? My 400 lb shelf of Britannicas are no good anymore

Rich, there is nothing better than a real book, especially hard covers. They seem so real and accurate.....unlike fake news filtrating the internet.

Yes these days we have Google, Dr Google but there is nothing like the real McCoy!

Think of the years to come......like those who kept vinyl records - for a long time they were seen a "what the hell are they", now seen as hip........in the years to come maybe your Britannica's will be seen in the same light.....

On that subject....and way off topic lol, who uses an iPad or device to read a book? I hate em, again nothing like a book in your hands.....fook I am getting old......

• PAGES
RSS