Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Course Rating

Tue, May 3 2011 3:38 PM (8 replies)
  • jrock118
    4 Posts
    Tue, Apr 26 2011 10:53 PM

Hi all,  i've looked around, and i'm probably just missing something.

Is there a list as to what the course rating is a what tee? 

I guess I'm asking what are the course rankings, easy to hard.

Thanks,

john

• jrock118
    4 Posts
    Fri, Apr 29 2011 10:28 PM

anyone?

• genorb
    1,255 Posts
    Sat, Apr 30 2011 9:34 AM

I guess many would rank the courses from the easier to the hardest as follow:

St-Andrews

Kiawah

Bethpage

Oakmont

But depending on your tier and the particularities of your game, this ranking can be different. Before I reached legend tier, for me Kiawah was a bit easier than St-Andrews for example.

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Sat, Apr 30 2011 12:59 PM

jrock118:

If you are referring to a course rating and slope like assigned to real golf courses, I'd have to say the answer is no.  Now, whether WGT is using some kind of difficulty factor, in its algorithm, when calculating our scoring averages...who knows.

Joey

• seanobrien
    296 Posts
    Sat, Apr 30 2011 1:18 PM

Are you referring to a situation where for example 3 people finish on the same score but one is assigned 1st place in the payout, while the other 2 are joint 2nd. I don't know what this ranking of holes is called, but say in the above example one player birdied the most difficult hole in the tourney and the other 2 didn't then the player who birdied would be the leader.

I don't think this ranking is shown on WGT, but the more you play, you will figure out which holes have the higher difficulty rating.

For example, back 9 on St. Andrews, #13 and #17 are probably the most difficult, so birdie these 2 and finish joint top, and you can be fairly sure you are getting the winners prize (unless the other player has done the same)

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sat, Apr 30 2011 1:29 PM

Joeyola:

jrock118:

If you are referring to a course rating and slope like assigned to real golf courses, I'd have to say the answer is no.  Now, whether WGT is using some kind of difficulty factor, in its algorithm, when calculating our scoring averages...who knows.

Joey

Think Joeyola nailed that one....  

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Sat, Apr 30 2011 3:26 PM

Hi Snaike...missed having you around the forums...It was kind of boring around here without you, Faterson and Sweetie Pie.  As you can see we still have lots of threads about the meter (smile).

As to scoring averages, back in the day of best 10 out of 14 rated rounds, I used a program that came up with almost the same numbers as WGT.  Now, all I know is we play and the number goes down a little after a decent round but it never goes up no matter how bad we score...until you make it to another tier that is.  As I see it, scoring averages don't mean much anymore...except for moving up, and anyone that has been here a while knows how to do that pretty quickly...

Joey

• gene1022
    112 Posts
    Tue, May 3 2011 3:20 PM

If you look at the bottom of the scorecard, at the bottom where it list par for the hole, it also has hdcp. Click on hdcp and it will show you the ranking for each hole.

• suncity28
    1,266 Posts
    Tue, May 3 2011 3:38 PM

Hard to say. The Op could mean a few things from the reply`s

Different players like different causes so each player would rank each cause different.

Easy - Hard from the legend tee`s what I find easiest.

St Andrews F9.

Bethpage Black F9.

Kiawah Island F9.

Kiawah Island B9.

Bethpage Black B9.

St Andrews B9.

Oakmont F9.

Oakmont B9.

RSS