Forums

Help › Forums

New Pins @ Oakmont

Thu, Apr 28 2011 11:47 AM (36 replies)
  • MioKontic
    4,644 Posts
    Wed, Apr 27 2011 12:59 PM

As everyone else says, great new.  Now see how a little insight into what is coming goes a loooooooooooooooong way to keeping the troops happy.

• DarSum
    1,440 Posts
    Wed, Apr 27 2011 1:07 PM

So maybe this will mean we don't have to hit our approach into the bunker on #9 so we can make par??? Awesome!!!!!

• pauls
    1,146 Posts
    Wed, Apr 27 2011 1:14 PM

all the courses need new pins, they should be released with at least 3 pin positions 

• SteveOx
    699 Posts
    Wed, Apr 27 2011 2:05 PM

Finally !!!!   I agree Pauls......  Too much potential here not to be used.

Ox

• Steelers75
    239 Posts
    Wed, Apr 27 2011 2:17 PM

Too long in coming but glad to see it's finally happening!

• TracyMax
    2,361 Posts
    Wed, Apr 27 2011 2:21 PM

WGTicon:

I know this is usually reserved for this thread, but I figured this deserves a topic of its own. Yes, we are working on the new flag  locations. Please don't ask when, but as soon as I have reliable timeline, I will let you guys know.

I just wanted to let you know since, like me, if you really disliked the locations on 1, 9, 18, some relieve is coming. Or maybe the evil pinmaster found even harder locations???

Happy hitting,

-WGTicon

Woot!  Woot!  hurrah!!  9 is an "impossible" location, but you know that already :-)

• ryan4spurs
    828 Posts
    Wed, Apr 27 2011 2:41 PM

Yappy22:

ryan4spurs:

New pins at Oakmont will almost turn it into a new course. Is there any potential for some new pins at Kiawah?

and Bethpage and don't forget St.Andy's.

While I completely agree that it would be wonderful for all courses to have some new pin locations, I feel that Oak and Kia are more desperate due to them only having 1 set of pins.

I feel that, ideally, each course could/should have 4 sets of pin locations so that a "proper" 4 round tourney can be played. That would be the best option, but also probably the hardest to implement.

• PeterHopper
    1,315 Posts
    Wed, Apr 27 2011 3:34 PM

MioKontic:

As everyone else says, great new.  Now see how a little insight to what coming goes a loooooooooooooooong way to keeping the troops happy.

THIS

• swannyxx
    303 Posts
    Wed, Apr 27 2011 3:44 PM

YankeeJim:

You could put them in the sand traps for all I care just as long as it doesn't cost a buck to find out.. :-D

LOL good 1 jim

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Wed, Apr 27 2011 4:11 PM

2 Pins on each course would be a fantastic start. 3 or 4 would be ideal but you have to start somewhere.

RSS