Forums

Help › Forums

New Pins @ Oakmont

Thu, Apr 28 2011 11:47 AM (36 replies)
  • WigerToods2010
    8,446 Posts
    Wed, Apr 27 2011 6:32 PM

danohi50:

2 Pins on each course would be a fantastic start. 3 or 4 would be ideal but you have to start somewhere.

... and all in play at the same time would be much appreciated.

Toodle pip,

;o)

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Wed, Apr 27 2011 6:43 PM

MioKontic:

As everyone else says, great new.  Now see how a little insight into what is coming goes a loooooooooooooooong way to keeping the troops happy.

You guys have an outline for next 2 month already but let me summarize it:

1. Congressional course qualifier, championship rounds and after stroke play, etc

2. Open Championship course, + qualifier, championship rounds after

3. Cabo, back 9, full 18

4. Miscellaneous bug fixes/improvement (many of which not seen)

5. New equipment.

-wgticon

• IvaThongon
    933 Posts
    Wed, Apr 27 2011 6:54 PM

Let me preface this by stating I know very little about computers and absolutely nothing about programming.

That said, since we have 4 courses currently, and those courses already have the greens mapped out, wouldn't it be easy to make many hole locations for each green and have them play randomly?

Great to hear about the new courses!

• TarheelsRule
    5,551 Posts
    Wed, Apr 27 2011 10:13 PM

Great to hear that we will be getting new pin placements for Oakmont and Kiawah they are long past due.  I would hope that Congressional will come with 2 sets as well.

One comment on multiple pin placements.  St Andrews and BethPage have 2 sets of pins for each hole, however it seems to me that there are at least 5 or 6 holes on each course that seem to use the same pin placement 90% of the time.  For example the up pin on #11 at St Andrews is almost never seen nor is the back pin on #15 at BPB, is there a system to this lack of randomness?

• stevereilly
    5,910 Posts
    Thu, Apr 28 2011 12:40 AM

IvaThongon:

Let me preface this by stating I know very little about computers and absolutely nothing about programming.

That said, since we have 4 courses currently, and those courses already have the greens mapped out, wouldn't it be easy to make many hole locations for each green and have them play randomly?

Great news about the new pin locations, it's probably more difficult as it sounds as the new locations would have to be photographed to get the backgrounds spot on.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Thu, Apr 28 2011 12:57 AM

TarheelsRule:

Great to hear that we will be getting new pin placements for Oakmont and Kiawah they are long past due.  I would hope that Congressional will come with 2 sets as well.

One comment on multiple pin placements.  St Andrews and BethPage have 2 sets of pins for each hole, however it seems to me that there are at least 5 or 6 holes on each course that seem to use the same pin placement 90% of the time.  For example the up pin on #11 at St Andrews is almost never seen nor is the back pin on #15 at BPB, is there a system to this lack of randomness?

1. I don't think Kiawah pins will be coming anytime soon/ever. I think for that to happen, they need to be reshot

2. I do not know if congressional will come with 2 pin sets, but I highly doubt.

3. Yes, each pin actually has difficulty setting. You can actually set those up. The reason you don't often get #15 high pin on bp, is because it considerably easier, so it is much rarer.

-wgticon

• troyronaldson
    382 Posts
    Thu, Apr 28 2011 1:48 AM

fantastic news will spice the game up again. question with pin locations would they really need more photography done?? im sure you guys at wgt with your computer expertise could figure something out.

keep up the great work

• SPINO1
    5,394 Posts
    Thu, Apr 28 2011 1:52 AM

well done wgt hopefully now  people will stop crying.

• rutgernohl
    188 Posts
    Thu, Apr 28 2011 3:01 AM

stevereilly:

IvaThongon:

Great news about the new pin locations, it's probably more difficult as it sounds as the new locations would have to be photographed to get the backgrounds spot on.

And the would have t change every photo of the course with the new pin location. 

• wildcat18racing6
    420 Posts
    Thu, Apr 28 2011 4:01 AM

WGTicon:

MioKontic:

As everyone else says, great new.  Now see how a little insight into what is coming goes a loooooooooooooooong way to keeping the troops happy.

You guys have an outline for next 2 month already but let me summarize it:

1. Congressional course qualifier, championship rounds and after stroke play, etc

2. Open Championship course, + qualifier, championship rounds after

3. Cabo, back 9, full 18

4. Miscellaneous bug fixes/improvement (many of which not seen)

5. New equipment.

-wgticon

At the risk of sounding dumb as a tree branch, could someone explain what 1 and 2 mean exactly

RSS