Help › Forums

New Pins @ Oakmont

Thu, Apr 28 2011 11:47 AM (36 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Apr 28 2011 5:19 AM

wildcat18racing6:
    could someone explain what 1 and 2 mean exactly

1. US Open Qualifier for everybody.(Intense 6 weeks or so with good forum threads) with regular stroke play after it's over. Regular stroke play isn't available until the Open is over.

2. The actual Open for the 156 plus ties that qualified (I believe it went 1 week.) Regular stroke play for everybody afterwards.

6. Starts all over with the British Open.   :-)

• KJHAWK2
    567 Posts
    Thu, Apr 28 2011 5:25 AM

Yessssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best news in a while!!!!!

THE HAWK

• wildcat18racing6
    420 Posts
    Thu, Apr 28 2011 5:28 AM

Oh ok, thanks Jim. 

• Cleworthy
    3,468 Posts
    Thu, Apr 28 2011 5:57 AM

Glad to see that WGT is listening to their users and trying to address our desires, although disappointing to hear that Congressional will come out with only one set of pin placements.  But progress is much appreciated! 

• TarheelsRule
    5,551 Posts
    Thu, Apr 28 2011 11:07 AM

Disappointed that Kiawah wasn't shot in a way to allow two sets of pins, I assume that was a beginners mistake.  It is nice to know that Congressional will have two sets eventually. 

I really don't understand the concept of the random pins not being random because some are more easy than others.  Frankly if WGT would truly allow you to play either set one or set two of tees, your choice or a truly random set then I think it would be like having 3 sets of tees on these courses.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Apr 28 2011 11:11 AM

I know a way to get different pins at Kia-re map it. Get rid of those places Icon says you need to make mental notes about.  :-D

• bearclaw27
    553 Posts
    Thu, Apr 28 2011 11:47 AM

WGTicon:

I just wanted to let you know since, like me, if you really disliked the locations on 1, 9, 18, some relieve is coming. Or maybe the evil pinmaster found even harder locations???

The pin on Oakmont # 15 really needs to be moved...If your approach lands just long on line with the current pin, the resulting downhill shot from the fringe is is impossible to putt (due to the bug with fringe putts playing less than 10 feet..)

RSS